• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ford vs Chevy Tug of War

My grandfather had a 97 5.4 F-150 with 250k on it and only thing he ever had wrong with it was the radiator leaked and got replaced. It got traded on a 13 F-150. A 99 7.3 excursion with 220k that never had a minutes problem that was traded for a 03 6.0 excursion that had 200 k on it before it got traded for the 13 f 150 with the 97 f 150. Whoever has had bad luck with Ford brand sorry I was the same with the GM products. Not saying all are good and bad cause my dad has a 05 6.0 truck that should have been taken back under Limon law but he's eaten a chunk of change keeping it going.

My landlord has an 01 Z71 that has over 200 showing. I will be the first to admit that it will pull most anything you want it to. It has been a good truck no doubt. But its had more than o e fuel pump and GM fuel pump are crazy expensive. And it has an instrument cluster with every single light lit up. Granted that's a recall issue that he could have gotten fixed. And the interior on the truck is done and has been done for about 5 years.
GM HAS had some drivetrains that worked over the years. The 4.3 comes to mind. I've owned 3 of them. They keep going. But every morning when you first start them up you get a panicked feeling because they sound like a rod is going through the oil pan. Oh and the fuel mileage sucks ass! But they do keep going. And so does the Ford 4.0 and the 5.0 and the 300 inline 6.
I'm not a GM hater ( at least before 09) I just prefer Fords

I've owned 11 fords, 8 chevys, one dodge, one Toyota, one Nissan, one jeep, and one international harvester. The international was the toughest. My 09 chevy has 166k and will dust most factor mustang GTs (pre 2010) and I learned most of my mechanical skills on the fords. I've never owned anything that got over 16mpg and don't even consider millage when buying a vehicle.

I've owned 11 fords, 8 chevys, one dodge, one Toyota, one Nissan, one jeep, and one international harvester. The international was the toughest. My 09 chevy has 166k and will dust most factor mustang GTs (pre 2010) and I learned most of my mechanical skills on the fords. I've never owned anything that got over 16mpg and don't even consider millage when buying a vehicle.
Well thumbs up to owning an International Harvester. When I worked at the auto salvage in Bonaire I took the call from an old guy in a nursing home that told me to come get his IH Travellall and his Volvo740. He talked for halfl
an hour telling me about where he'd been in that Travellall and where he wanted to go in it. But he had to face that his driving and traveling days were done and he had to part with those vehicles. It was hard to listen to. I picked the cars up with our wrecker. Our mechanic got the Travellall to start up with a little work. The yard owner had me list it on eBay motors and nobody bid on it. After that 7 day run we put it back on the rollback, filled it full of core Motors and transmission s and I drove it over the scales at Macon Iron. It was a running vehicle. But it wasn't up to me. I just hope God and International will forgive me.

Only reason Ford is number one seller is they are cheaper of the three. The parts are cheaper priced and cheaper made.
But then again most parts are made out of country.
I would still rather have a Silverado/Sierra over an F-150/250 any day of the week.

Well thumbs up to owning an International Harvester. When I worked at the auto salvage in Bonaire I took the call from an old guy in a nursing home that told me to come get his IH Travellall and his Volvo740. He talked for halfl
an hour telling me about where he'd been in that Travellall and where he wanted to go in it. But he had to face that his driving and traveling days were done and he had to part with those vehicles. It was hard to listen to. I picked the cars up with our wrecker. Our mechanic got the Travellall to start up with a little work. The yard owner had me list it on eBay motors and nobody bid on it. After that 7 day run we put it back on the rollback, filled it full of core Motors and transmission s and I drove it over the scales at Macon Iron. It was a running vehicle. But it wasn't up to me. I just hope God and International will forgive me.

I want another one now but can't find any that are worth owning or I can afford. I would love to have a 69 4x4!

I want another one now but can't find any that are worth owning or I can afford. I would love to have a 69 4x4!
I have seen Scouts very recently for up to $12K. And I guess if the previous owner spent all that time and money restoring them then its a legit asking price. Same story with early Broncos. From what I have seen in recent years it doesnt matter what old car or truck you want. If you find one already done in a decent fashion then just buy it if you can. Because you will go broke quiçkly trying to restore anything these days.

14357217514600.jpg

I want one.

Back
Top Bottom