• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fly Fishing Thread .....

Since we're on the subject....

50 years ago, when I was 13 I bought this Perrine fly reel with money from my Confirmation.
I'm still fishing with it today, how cool is that!
Reel.JPG

It's liable to be the oldest thing I've ever bought that still works!

Did some creek spin fishing...today. Had fun. They like White Rooster tails and Rapalas. I rigged up my Ugly Stick ultralight and a shakespeare ultralight to mix it up. Was after those stubborn creek bass I cant seem to catch.

My latest Fly rod is a Orvis 10ft 4 weight Recon . It’s a humdinger . I really fished it today. I nymph rigged it , dry dropper , and lastly streamer fished it all on the same body of water. That extra foot in length let’s me really get close to the opposite bank and sling it . I caught a ton of fish but decided not to take my phone and focus on what I was doing . The recon is a heck of a rod . I paired it with a battenkill with 5 weight line and 8ft leader and tippet

Since we're on the subject....

50 years ago, when I was 13 I bought this Perrine fly reel with money from my Confirmation.
I'm still fishing with it today, how cool is that!
View attachment 2570830

It's liable to be the oldest thing I've ever bought that still works!
My grandfather had one just like that! However, he had it spooled up with 6# and used it for baitfishing crappie. Sadly, it got lost or thrown away by my no-account brother-in-law.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Does anyone use high end fly rods? Winston’s , Oyster bamboo? Orvis Helios? Thomas and Thomas? How do they compare to mid range priced rods? Feel? Casting?

Back
Top Bottom