• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

F U Cabela's

Same thing happened to us this week trying to buy bicycles for our boys from Wal-Mart. Showed in stock and on sale. Payed for them then two days later they cancelled saying they weren't in stock. Pretty frustrating.

They used to get by because while they were overpriced on a lot of stuff, they did have some good deals and always had good customer service. Plus, they were 100% pro-2A.

Since Bass Pro bought them out they have gone downhill fast. Same inflated prices but fewer deals and customer service seems to have dropped off big-time.

Exact same experience multiple times (preCOVID) on just about any sale item they advertised. Drive over. Nothing. They make it really hard to spend money.

Had a gift card for $50 , got a bag of beef jerky and a cabelas tshirt lol , I have got a few pair of boots there and was satisfied
We were at Bass Pro in Macon a couple of months back just killing time. They had two tables with bait casting reels just tossed in boxes getting all banged up. But they were still $70.00 each. Some were marked Bass Pro and some were Cabelas. But they were ALL Chinese. We didn't look at anything outside the clearance section. But we saw crossbows on clearance for over $400.00. Scratch and dent air rifles for $250.00. Everything there was the same story. I don't see how they made it through the 08 recession.

We were at Bass Pro in Macon a couple of months back just killing time. They had two tables with bait casting reels just tossed in boxes getting all banged up. But they were still $70.00 each. Some were marked Bass Pro and some were Cabelas. But they were ALL Chinese. We didn't look at anything outside the clearance section. But we saw crossbows on clearance for over $400.00. Scratch and dent air rifles for $250.00. Everything there was the same story. I don't see how they made it through the 08 recession.

dude my vintage abu garcia and shimano rods-n- reels arent going anywhere. you can tell the difference between old vs new

First time I saw a Cabelas catalog in 1991 I thought, "Wow. So this is where rich folks buy sporting equipment." LOL. Just overpriced. Next!

I have a subscription to Sports Afield. My first reaction to that was "so this is how rich people go hunting!" But I still love to look through them pitchers anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom