• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

F U Cabela's

Been going downhill for awhile. Its only accelerated since the BPS merger. Customer service was top notch, that has been sourced or contracted, no longer in house. I used to buy all my boots there because they actually stood behind their name and offered lifetime warranties, that's gone to. Hell I tried to buy a federal duck stamp at one last week and the lady didn't even kmow what it was. Used to hire outdoors people that went the extra mile. Formerly Chick-fil-A of outdoor stores. Not anymore.

Long story short.

Cabela's really screwed me over. Place an order for three 40 round PMAG.

When I ordered online and they were in stock. Order canceled.

When I drove to the store and on the website in stock. None were in stock.

When I called to set up curbside pickup and they were in stock at the location. Order canceled.

When I called customer no service to try and figure out a solution, 0 f****** help.

For f***** sake I didn't realize it would be so hard to give these assholes my money.

Should not be a problem in the future. I'm sure other retailers would be happy to take it.

did the same to me on an rmr
Took money never sent , then I missed on better deals then they random refunded me out of the blue, I called and they said it’s not in stock then asked for a manager and magically they found one and shipped that day. It was a joke of a process to deal with. Just under 2 month ordeal - never ordering from them again. In person only last resort if I “need” something.

I was asked to leave my ID on the desk when handling some handguns there once. Okay....w/e. Fingerbang some 1911s and leave. Realize I left my ID there and go to pick it up. The girl did not want to give me my ID because.....I COULDN'T SHOW ID TO PROVE WHO I WAS. Not making this up. Had to threaten to call the law if they didn't give it back.
LOL. And they want $15/hr too.

I ordered a gun online. It was on sale and I guess they had a daily allotment. Anyway, finally got it ordered after days and days of trying.

And waited for the store to call me once it arrived. Kept checking the status online. I thought the order would get canceled eventually. But I waited some more.

And waited.

And waited, being patient because it was a good deal and things are crazy.

Finally called them and they were like, oh look, here it is. No problem picking it up after they realized they had it. This was in Acworth.

One of the few stores that will give your military discount on top of the sale price.
Did you get the discount in person when picking up? Or online when ordered? I just ordered a firearm online so would be good to know. Thanks!

People love to complain about how long it takes to buy a gun at Adventure Outdoors, but I will say the single longest purchase I ever dealt with was buying a used Winchester shotgun at Cabelas.

It literally took almost 2 hours from when I told the guy I'd take it to actually walking out of the store. And it wasn't even busy. Their process is ridiculously over-complicated. And that was before the BPS takeover. I can't imagine it's gotten any better.

They used to have quality clothing and really good customer service. I used to plan my departure flight from Kansas City around a visit to their store. I'd spend a couple of hours browsing. I'd almost always find something good in the bargain cave. I was excited to hear they were building one in Ga (although it was hell and gone from my place). The excitement didn't last long. It just wasn't that good. I knew when I heard about Bass Pro buying them that would be the end of anything good they had ever been. Bass Pro has been emailing me all week with their Cyber Week specials. I don't even bother. Most of the items they had on sale last week and this week were out of stock anyway. It's a shame how bad they have gotten.

Long story short.

Cabela's really screwed me over. Place an order for three 40 round PMAG.

When I ordered online and they were in stock. Order canceled.

When I drove to the store and on the website in stock. None were in stock.

When I called to set up curbside pickup and they were in stock at the location. Order canceled.

When I called customer no service to try and figure out a solution, 0 f****** help.

For f***** sake I didn't realize it would be so hard to give these assholes my money.

Should not be a problem in the future. I'm sure other retailers would be happy to take it.
I second the FU cabelas!

Back
Top Bottom