• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

F U Cabela's

Ya that's going to happen.There's only one fool on here that would drive to SC.
25 years ago, I was a truck driver on the road and went through Nebraska to the Sydney store and it was pretty neat. And stopped at the Kearney Nebraska store also. It was good because it had truck parking and most of the other places are near a mall you would get in trouble. Then they started their expansion and some of the bigger stores they had it first we're pretty neat because they had all kind of things to look at. Mounted animals and I particularly enjoyed all the bargain caves. I left that career and stop traveling and when I decided to build a Cabela's 10 miles from my house I was really ecstatic. Until I went there. I guess they only pay minimum wage, because, the employees knew nothing about outdoor gear. I should have asked the manager if you would pay me a couple of hundred dollars to give an introductory class to these morons so they would know a 22 bullet from a 300 Winchester. I've been back a time or two and buy ammo way before all this craziness. But not very recently. All I use Cabela's in Acworth for is a meeting place for ODT trades. They might could get my business back but they would have to work very very very hard

I buy and rarely "shop" anything but price. Asked 2x for someone to assist me with utv's at Cabelas. After 20 minutes standing outside I left and as I was leaving the area where the vehicles were I passed an employee and told her that Cabelas has no interest in selling anything explaining my wait this far....she just went right by. I went straight to Tractor Supply and they welcomed and helped me with open arms. Cabelas employees about the same as Wal-Mart or Burger King...
20201120_161840.jpg

I ordered a gun online. It was on sale and I guess they had a daily allotment. Anyway, finally got it ordered after days and days of trying.

And waited for the store to call me once it arrived. Kept checking the status online. I thought the order would get canceled eventually. But I waited some more.

And waited.

And waited, being patient because it was a good deal and things are crazy.

Finally called them and they were like, oh look, here it is. No problem picking it up after they realized they had it. This was in Acworth.

One of the few stores that will give your military discount on top of the sale price.

Only time I went in was after a meet. Some goon kept watching me as I was looking at ammo, so I left and I make it no farther than the parking lot after a meet.

Cabela's is a once or twice a year stop for me, and I never buy much, if anything. I do enjoy looking at the used guns in the small room that is sectioned off. I've seen some nice ones in there...Prices? Meh...

It is very difficult to find USA made fishing gear these days. It is sickening.

OP if you are looking for mags and if you are ever in the Marietta/Kennesaw area, drop by Truprep. I don't know if they have 40 rounders, but they usually have a lot of Pmags, Lancers, and some others, and they are very reasonably priced.

Thanks but no 40 rounders at truprep

I`ve bought a lot of stuff at Cabelas. I liked it better before Bass Pro bought them out. They usually had good ammo prices on 9mm and .223 when it was available. My biggest rant on them was the fact that I could buy a truck at Carmax and drive it out faster than I can buy a gun at Cabelas and leave with it.

Long story short.

Cabela's really screwed me over. Place an order for three 40 round PMAG.

When I ordered online and they were in stock. Order canceled.

When I drove to the store and on the website in stock. None were in stock.

When I called to set up curbside pickup and they were in stock at the location. Order canceled.

When I called customer no service to try and figure out a solution, 0 f****** help.

For f***** sake I didn't realize it would be so hard to give these assholes my money.

Should not be a problem in the future. I'm sure other retailers would be happy to take it.
I was asked to leave my ID on the desk when handling some handguns there once. Okay....w/e. Fingerbang some 1911s and leave. Realize I left my ID there and go to pick it up. The girl did not want to give me my ID because.....I COULDN'T SHOW ID TO PROVE WHO I WAS. Not making this up. Had to threaten to call the law if they didn't give it back.

Back
Top Bottom