• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ever meet anyone famous and have a story to tell ?

Met The Professor, Mr. Warren Johnson 1998,the funny thing is that i was in the pits,I walked up to him, I wanted to get his Autograph but the words didn't came out of my mouth,so i took my Ac delco cap Off and handed to him but no words came out....Smart men He Signed my Cap,hand it back to me and smile.My only Word was Thanks. I admire the Old men know his story.The reason i went to the races that day was to see him,beat everybody else.(And He Did) But no words came out,at least i got the Cap to Prove It. LOL
View attachment 113866

alan jackon used to work for my family at sprayberry's bbq. i have also met lewis grizzard there.

alan jackson is a very nice guy. seemed very humble still. last time i seen him was when my great grandfather was in the hospital right before he passed. alan jackson's father was in the next room. he sang amazing grace to him as he slipped away. i seen him in the hall about an hour later but didnt speak to him that time. wasnt right to bother him. yet a few others did wanting autographs which i promptly made them feel feel like a tepped in dog turd for after he walked back in the room.

ive been in the same room with ron white before as well. didnt care to speak to him. he's not that funny to me. he was the first time i heard him. then i lloked for more of his material. found one from the late 80s early 90 when he had a mullet and no gray hairs. it was the EXACT same material as he uses now. i completly lost interest and respect for him at that point.

i also know danny (boone) alexander, the lead singer of rehab. his daughter was in the elementary school class my mom taught.

have talked with brantley gilbert many times at the ball feilds here in winder and jefferson.

cleveland (clevil) willis, the lead singer of Rockets to ruin is my moms cousin. i have met steven tyler, slash, axel rose, motley crew, and butch walker while hanging out with him.

Last edited:
I have met Jake Delhomme on several occasions.
First time I met him was summer of 2005 shortly after he led the Carolina Panthers to the Superbowl . I worked Beach service in Fl where his family has owned a condo for years. It was pretty cool to toss the pig skin on the beach with a Superbowl Qb. His whole family was extremely nice and it was a pleasure to see them for the whole week. I also met them the following season while I was still working there.
i49.tinypic.com_2n99gy8.jpg

Last edited:
Met and talked to Barry Windham in Albany in the early nineties, saw him again about a year later when he was picking up a camaro at Autoquest in Tifton.
Have met former racer Lori Johns at the Gatornationals, she was hot. Don Pudhomme took me on a tour of his hauler and let me sit in his car, as a reward for being respectful. He was sitting behind me at Skeeters and overheard me refuse to bother him for an autograph while he was eating.
Also met General Omar Bradley when I was very young. It was something to do with the Bradley fighting vehicle.

Last edited:
One time back in the mid-70s, I was eating lunch at a Krystal's in Nashville, TN. Roy Acuff came over and sat down in the connecting booth. We said good mornings and so forth and I went back to eating my lunch. I felt bad for him cause people kept bothering him, poor guy couldn't even eat lunch in peace!

Chatted briefly with Norman Reedus, super nice guy. Got to tell John Goodman his ID was expired. I see rappers and reality TV "stars" a couple of times a week. Saw Owen Wilson once, he seemed in a hurry and pissed off. That's all I can remember right now.

I saw Steve Spurrier at a golf tournament when I was like 14 or 15 and asked him for his autograph. He said, "I didn't come here to do autographs." Prick.

I hope when they play TN this year, Tyler Bray sails a pass to the sideline and hits Spurrier in the freakin head!

Back
Top Bottom