• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ever meet anyone famous and have a story to tell ?

Dusty Rhodes "The American Dream" is so big he broke the hydraulics on my dental chair! Hey Tazz - it must have been his daughter. His grand daughter is like 3 yo now. The whole family is cool. They live in FL now.

It was his other granddaughter Dakota, Dustin's daughter. She's alot older than 3. I just looked on wikipedia and she was born in 1994 so she's about 18 now. But yeah, Dusty was a big ol' fatboy back then. Must have been around 1998 or '99 when I met him.

Last edited:
I've met sonny purdue, bob Barr (alumni of my fraternity), vice president Biden (drive an ambulance in his motorcade when he came to Atlanta). And various rappers and athletes from when I did car stero work.

I drank wine with Nancy Pelosi at a baseball game. She was nice, we didn't talk politics, we talked about her vineyards.

I talked with Ron Paul a couple of times and he signed some pocket constitutions for me to give to some friends.

Shaq ate at a table next to mine in New York.

I got to pet Big Brown (almost triple crown horse) at the Bellmonte stakes after he was recovering from his injury.

I met John Travolta a few months ago while he was filming at Stone Mtn...

and then the stories came out of him and male masseuses...and that explained why he was hugging me so tightly.

Yes, I have a pic.:p

i1217.photobucket.com_albums_dd394_Leatherhead23_UDIyMzAwMDIuanBn.jpg

I played a round of golf with Jackie Gleason, Mr. Green Jeans from Captain Kangaroo and Phil Rizzuto.
I walked a course one day with Julius Burrows.
I met Ali when he was Cassius Clay (got autograph)
I met Fran Tarkenton, Lewis Grizzard and Ludlow Porch in Big Canoe
I sat on a plane next to Henry Kissinger
I hung out some with the Steiner Brothers (long time ago)
I knew and hit with a pitch Ron Bloomberg (the first DH in major league baseball)
I have met Bobby Mercer and Roy White (old time Yankees)
I had dinner with Ray Nitschky (an old GB Packer)
I ate dinner with Richard Nixon (before he was President) and Bebe Rebozo (you gotta be old to remmber him)
I played backyard tackle football with OJ and a Broadway actor named Joel Gray
I have eaten lunch with Bill Elliott several times
I hung out a little bit with the members of the Atlanta Rhythm Section, mostly Dean Dougherty and Paul Goddard
I met Leon Redbone
The best was probably VIP backstage tickets to the Grateful Dead at the Fox back in the early 80's; unfortunately, I only remember the first few hours.

not trying to take away from your story, sounds like he did a pretty cool thing for your buddy. i met him a few years back at the Ted. He was sitting behind my wife and I and at one point i turned and struck up a brief conversation. the dude was barely understandable. you really had to work to get what he was saying. too many blows to the head.

i hear he is going back for more too. house was just repo'd and he owes mega bucks in child support for his 87 kids.

I am used to get my ass kicked by Ernest"the cat" Miller at my dojo...he and my instructor were good friends..
met Don the dragon wilson and simon rhee from best of the best at a karate tournament in cali
got my first black belt from kieth Vitali

thats all i got lol

I met all of the members of the singing group Celtic Thunder a couple of years ago ( my wife got a hug from Ryan Kelly and she pinched his butt, very embarassing), and way back when I was working construction in N.Y.C. and a very large limo was stuck in traffic right in front of us. The window goes down, and there is Lucille Ball. She said "Hey, boys" and chatted with us for about 10 minutes until traffic started moving again. Met Rich Franklin 2 years ago at a hockey game.

These will tell my age ,met Richard Nixon with my parents at the Regency Hotel in downtown Atlanta when he was running for President and got his autograph still have it, met Steve Martin at The Great Southeast Music Hall in 1974 when he was playing back up for the Earl Scruggs review (arrow in the head days ) and when he got off stage came and sat on the back row with us and asked if we liked the show ,and others thru out the years but most recent was on the set of Conspiritor and met Norman Reedus he played one of the men hung for the death of Abraham Lincoln very nice guy,didnt really meet but took direction on one scene from Robert Redford that didnt make it past the cutting room floor (same movie )

The young guys won't appreciate this as much but us old guys might. I met Red Skelton in Underground Atlanta years back. He was in a wheelchair then but he was a grand old gentleman. Just talking to him about the memories I had of me and Daddy watching him got a big grin and a "God Bless You." Met Terry Bradshaw, Franco Harris, and Ray Guy at the Superbowl in Atlanta.

Back
Top Bottom