• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ever meet anyone famous and have a story to tell ?

I meet Fran Tarkington back in the late 70s when he had business in Atlanta. Terry Bradshaw. My dad was good friends with Jerry Reed, so he was around alot early on. I am in the alcohol business so I get to meet all types of celebrities, sports figures, musicians and what not. Too many to list.. I did enjoy years ago working with a company that did business with the WCW and had thier main office contract.. All of those guys were really cool, even came out of that with a good friend from there.. I want tell ya who he is but he says, Damn alot..

I was in a band in S Florida when Marilyn Manson was just getting big. That was a wild time. You never knew what you were walking into when entering a room or a club. Most of those stories are NSFW.

I've met a few here an there. I met Kid Rock down in Valdosta where he made a guest apperance at a club. The guy we went to see, we went with his ex wife an she got us backstage where we met Kid Rock. Great guy we all sat an drank beer till like 4 in the morning. Met Kip Moore a few times since he is from Tifton haha. Met Boo Weekley when he went to ABAC playing golf. We were in town one night getting some cold drinks and met Arn Anderson and Dusty Rhodes, they were a great guys, acted just like we did but was twice our age. Said they were on their way to Tampa for a wrestling match.

I am proud to say I shook hands with Smiley Burnette. He was apprearing at the old Kraver Theater in Henderson, KY and promoting his movies with Gene Autry. I was about 11 at the time and I remember him calling Gene Autry "Gene Ostrich"
because Gene called him Smiley Birdsnest. All of us laughed and thought he was a swell guy. Still think so.

Yeah, that was in the 50's.....

Last edited:
Old school....

I met Lester Maddox (past Gov of GA) when I was 8 years old in Stone Mountain park (circa 1973).. he rode a bicycle backwards
while sitting on the handlebars. He was really cool.

I also met Paul Wren (worlds strongest man at the time). He had 12 of us kids climb up on a table, got under it and picked us all up
into the air and did a few squats.

Ronnie Stoneman is my aunt, I taught her to swim after I got my Advanced Swimmers badge when I was going to be a lifeguard as a teenager.. we used to hang out at the Hee Haw set often when I was a kid. My parents are still close friends with many of the the cast.

I met Dusty Rhodes at the Marietta gun show back in the 90's, he was pretty cool. He was there with his granddaughter looking at pistols. Met Bill Goldberg at the airport after dropping off my sister-in-law for a flight, now he was really cool. I had seen him on the Barrett-Jackson auction a couple of nights before buying a '69 and a '70 Boss 429 Mustang and we got to talking about his muscle cars and my '65 Mustang hotrod. He pulled out a picture from his briefcase and autographed it for me, let me tell ya that guy is HUGE! I met Michael P.S. Hayes from the Freebirds at the Home Depot in Fayetteville. He was there with his wife and son buying paint for his house. He walked around with me for a little while and we talked about rasslin', he was a really nice guy. I met Chris Benoit and Nancy before they got married at the old Southlake mall, they were at the pet store looking at puppies. He was a real nice guy too, I was totally shocked when I heard about him killing his wife and son and himself. I met John Force at the Southern Nationals a few years ago, he's a little guy probably only about 5'4" or 5'5" but boy can he talk! lol! Also met Kenny Bernstein that same day, it was his retirement tour. His face actually looks like he's going 300 mph just sitting still. lol! They were both signing autographs for fans. I've met some local stock car drivers that were famous around the southeast back in the 60's and early 70's, Charley Mincey and "Wild" Bill Cody. Both of them took me around the track in their stock cars at Senoia & Coweta Raceways, for me that was a real blast. I went to elementary school with Billy Clanton's little brother, Billy builds chassis's for some of the big name NASCAR drivers. He was one of the drivers at Senoia and Coweta Raceways back in the 60's and 70's too. He was kind of infamous around here for always getting into fights in the pits and on the track.

I also met Paul Wren (worlds strongest man at the time). He had 12 of us kids climb up on a table, got under it and picked us all up
into the air and did a few squats.

I saw Paul Anderson do that at my high school with the varsity football team. He was the worlds strongest man at one time.

Dusty Rhodes "The American Dream" is so big he broke the hydraulics on my dental chair! Hey Tazz - it must have been his daughter. His grand daughter is like 3 yo now. The whole family is cool. They live in FL now.

Born and raised in Salem and Windham New Hamspshire. Lived next door for several years to John Sununu and his family. His daughter was on my little league team that I coached for 3 years!!

Back
Top Bottom