• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Etiquette

Got a PM yesterday that opened with "what's your bottom dollar in x town that's about 85 miles away". Told him rifle was below market and that was my bottom dollar, and that I wasn't looking to drive 3 hours round trip to make a deal. Says he was thinking more like a 2.5 hour round trip for me and that good luck finding someone else before Christmas to buy. Told him I didn't need the money and to pound sand. Bunch of rude, poorly raised mother****ers on this site nowadays.

Got a PM yesterday that opened with "what's your bottom dollar in x town that's about 85 miles away". Told him rifle was below market and that was my bottom dollar, and that I wasn't looking to drive 3 hours round trip to make a deal. Says he was thinking more like a 2.5 hour round trip for me and that good luck finding someone else before Christmas to buy. Told him I didn't need the money and to pound sand. Bunch of rude, poorly raised mother****ers on this site nowadays.
Yeah, that crap is uncalled for.. I will always meet someone halfway and will on occasion go all the way to them.. but in that case it is something I REALLY want or something that is a KILLER deal..

I have found a large part of the folks on here now (mostly new folks) feel and act as if they are “owed” something by a seller/trader and that they are doing them a favor by answering their ads and considering the item offered.
Times have changed…..or maybe it’s just the people that have changed.

Happens all the time. ZERO peeps from a lot of members. I had one guy tell me its all yours if this falls though, but they never tell you any updates.

Often times wait a week go check the item and it will show SOLD, yet the person never could PM you back cause the effort is way too much.

I always have people asking me to PAY for shipping when my adds for flashlights ETC always clearly state SHIPPING (yes) but you will pay it. Everyone misses that line, cause they will offer me a lower price 10-20% and then want me throw in free shipping. News flash I don't get free shipping cause USPS likes me lol.

You did right. Chances are he wouldn't have followed through

I have found a large part of the folks on here now (mostly new folks) feel and act as if they are “owed” something by a seller/trader and that they are doing them a favor by answering their ads and considering the item offered.
Times have changed…..or maybe it’s just the people that have changed.
People have definitely changed

I have to post this, as it pertains to this subject.. I Pm’d a Trader about 10 minutes ago.. He responded in about 5 minutes, I responded back in about 5 minutes.. Deal completed in 15 minutes.. I kid you not! Meeting for trade tomorrow at 10:00 am.. Awsome Trader!! Lol
Like I said another deal around the corner and no stress because of some asshole. Congrats

Too many Fakebook rejects on here now that is the problem, if you really want to see how bad somebody can ignore you go on marketplace and reply about something maybe 1 out of 4 will answer you back and then whatever you do don't ask any questions about what they have for sale 9 out of 10 of the 1 out of 4 will ignore you. I don't know how anybody sells anything on marketplace.
Most people are looking at FB Marketplace on their phones and accidently hit the "is this still available?" button while scrolling past a listing. Has happened to me as a seller many times. I'd always reply, but never hear back. One person actually did reply with "sorry, fat-fingered the screen", and that opened my eyes as to why so many "still available?" messages come through, and the people never reply back. Then there are the real messages, but most of those end up being from very strange people. Try selling a motorcycle on FB Marketplace and you'll wonder where all the crazy people are coming from.

Back
Top Bottom