• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Etiquette

I look at it this way:

If someone is disrespectful directly in a PM or disrespectful indirectly by not replying, be thankful that it happened early before negotiations started or even a meeting. It was bound to be a poor and unsatisfactory experience.

So be thankful that you didn’t waste any more of your time than you did.

I look at it this way:

If someone is disrespectful directly in a PM or disrespectful indirectly by not replying, be thankful that it happened early before negotiations started or even a meeting. It was bound to be a poor and unsatisfactory experience.

So be thankful that you didn’t waste any more of your time than you did.
You have a great point there!

90% of my initial communications with a "potential buyer" is a complete waste of time so I don't write long replies delivered during a hot shower with candlelight and and a box of chocolate covered strawberries.

99.9% of "do you still have this?" inquiries are ridiculous time wasters so I stopped answering those altogether.

That said, I have met some great folks here and done a lot of deals with members and even new members who joined just to buy something I was selling that they found out about on another board.

From my recent experience here a lot of guys want to sell at their price and buy at their price. There is NO negotiation. Anything less than their price gets....no response.

Made a good offer on something listed here that was missing a key part but never got a PM back. It had been listed nearly a year! It's just the way it is now.

It’s 2023. The US, in the name of racial equity and inclusion has slowly eroded education, morality, patriotism, honesty and respect for the law. It should be no surprise when we witness it first hand and on a daily basis.

Too many Fakebook rejects on here now that is the problem, if you really want to see how bad somebody can ignore you go on marketplace and reply about something maybe 1 out of 4 will answer you back and then whatever you do don't ask any questions about what they have for sale 9 out of 10 of the 1 out of 4 will ignore you. I don't know how anybody sells anything on marketplace.

After providing the seller a link or links to sites where the item can be purchased NEW for less than folks are asking USED and offering 10% off that new price for the used item, I am considered a low baller.:rolleyes:

I am convinced a lot of folks on this site have no real interest in selling.

After providing the seller a link or links to sites where the item can be purchased NEW for less than folks are asking USED and offering 10% off that new price for the used item, I am considered a low baller.:rolleyes:

I am convinced a lot of folks on this site have no real interest in selling.
You're lucky you haven't been banned for that!

My son-in-law has the right idea.

Attachments

• FADEB509-E621-4637-9B08-49C3E8E93443.jpeg
    FADEB509-E621-4637-9B08-49C3E8E93443.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 22
Back
Top Bottom