• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Engraving question

No and no.
Don't put more in there then you need to. That information was on there when the gun was originally made. You did not add that information nor did you put that on the lower, colt did

I thought it correspond with 4A (Name and Location of ORIGINAL MFG of firearm) which I put "Colt defense mfg", listed the caliber and all the specs of the gun and 4H (Include all numbers and other identifying data which will appear on the firearm) I put in "sporter m4 carbine" because it clearly had that marking on the rifle. It all got approved. I only got an error letter for not having duplicated which they lost my copy.

Last edited:
Nope.
Guntrustlawyer.con

4a Should contain the Manufacturer's name or if you are the manufacture, the Trust's Name.

4h will normally be blank, but if there are other markings or numbers they should be included here.

I think you only leave it blank if you started with a 80% lower.

Yes normally blank. I don't know what other I formation you would out in there. Most places just say leave it blank

Last edited:
I have no idea. I was just filling it in since it asked for any additional markings that could identify the firearm. Oh well, it got approved so I'm going to leave it as is. I will get my lower engraved tho.

Yeah if it works, I try to give them the least amount of information possible while still getting approved. As long as you get your stamp anyways

OH YEAH! FORGOT!

Well hope UPS don't try to rif me off on shipping. I know if they find out its a firearm, they want NEXT DAY and those can be pricey up to $80!

I always ship mine from the center on Fulton Industrial. I tell them it is gun parts. If they ask any more questions, I just stress to them that it is a non FFL item. I have yet to pay over $15 for shipping.

Your supposed to. A striped lower is the firearm technically, some people just tell them that's its only a rifle part and doesn't require special handling

- - - Updated - - -

Not that that's the right way

Back
Top Bottom