Education Using thee words "Tack Driver", Tactical or M4

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is my favorite part of the original post
"Why pay NEW prices for used weapons when you can get a New weapon for a New price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
It really cracks me up when I see stuff sold in a few minutes for $30-$50 more than what I see in shops around here. Especially with Glocks, Mosin 91/30's, Ruger 10/22's, and especially shotguns.

One question though, the other day I saw an AR15 at Wallyworld, I think it said Bushmaster M4something. Should it not be called what the manufacturer calls it? Also, as far as tactical, I think tacticool is a lot of fun! On a side note, I'm just really happy right now we are all having these conversations and what not. I have been reading about gun laws in other countries and all I can really think is thank God I'm an American.

to me M4 is a select fire weapon, regardless of brand. so NO ar15 qualifies to be called a M4.

Negative! an M4 is colt manuafacture Carbine that it a semi- auotmatic, (select fire), lets talk about select fire....."Safe, Semi-automatic and Burst" and thats 3 rd burst. A Direct impengiment system that is 14.5 inches in length. The M in M4 come from after the United States Military brings a weapon system into the military. While a weapon is in testing it gets the desiganation XM. The X is for exparamental. If you would like to join me at Aberdeen Proving Grounds I can Have you talk to the test facility on post where most of the tesing and I mean 99% happens. All you have to do is get the time and pay your way there. I will get you on post and where you need to be and talk to.
As a matter of fact when we go to a new carbine system to replace the M4 it will have it's own designation. The "M" will be there with a different numberfolling it.

As for the wourd "Tactical" comming from Tactics, meaning a skill set. A weapon is an enhancer. how you use it could be tactical... As for Company Manuafactures. Look on their website and look up a AR 15 platform... I garentee it will not say M4, they will have another name for it. The only company that can call their AR 15 Platform an M4 is Colt because they have the Military contract!

Last edited:
you know what completely upsets ME? the fact that everyone uses the phrase god made men, samuel colt made them equal...Samuel colt didn't do a F*cking thing in THIS century. the all famous colt 1911 was painstakenly developed by John Moses Browning, it was he who worked out the problems in the design, not samuel colt. Colt firearms did nothing but MARKET the design, then, what's really messed up is our military's biggest mistake ever. When we went to replace to old m1's, Armalite designed the Ar-10 , a 308 version of the ar 15, the military turned it down. to come back the Armalite corp designed the ar-15, but had financial problems and sold it to COlt, that in turn sold it to the military and took the credit for design. Yeah, 1911 and M4/ar 15 are words that everyone associates with colt, but the fact is, colt has done nothing but market and produce those firearms in this century..Sorry but stop giving colt all the credit..

Don't take this post the wrong way, I have nothing against colt firearms, they are designed with extreme quality and attention to detail, and american made by UAW workers, but many of colts most amazing pieces were designed by other people, and not samuel colt.

Wow your sooo Off base it is ridiculous as to how we came to the M4 and the M110 SASS. You need to do ALOOOOOT of research before you go post BS like this.

"Tactical" = rails attached > rounds fired

Correction, That is a Special Operation Modification(SOMOD) block 2 configuration. This means we have gone away from te standard M-4 Carbine with the plastic handguards and now added a quad rail to accominidate att types of accessories with a collapsible stock. The first ones to do is was SOCOM.

Negative! an M4 is colt manuafacture Carbine that it a semi- auotmatic, (select fire), lets talk about select fire....."Safe, Semi-automatic and Burst" and thats 3 rd burst. A Direct impengiment system that is 14.5 inches in length. The M in M4 come from after the United States Military brings a weapon system into the military. While a weapon is in testing it gets the desiganation XM. The X is for exparamental. If you would like to join me at Aberdeen Proving Grounds I can Have you talk to the test facility on post where most of the tesing and I mean 99% happens. All you have to do is get the time and pay your way there. I will get you on post and where you need to be and talk to.
As a matter of fact when we go to a new carbine system to replace the M4 it will have it's own designation. The "M" will be there with a different numberfolling it.

As for the wourd "Tactical" comming from Tactics, meaning a skill set. A weapon is an enhancer. how you use it could be tactical... As for Company Manuafactures. Look on their website and look up a AR 15 platform... I garentee it will not say M4, they will have another name for it. The only company that can call their AR 15 Platform an M4 is Colt because they have the Military contract!

:pop2:

tactical.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom