Education Using thee words "Tack Driver", Tactical or M4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even going to start on "tactical". We already covered this in another thread. LOL! I've always thought that using M4 just indicated that it's a light weight carbine design in the civilian market. As for "tack driver", it's an old school slang to indicate a weapon that is very accurate. Of course "accurate" is a relative term, but it originated to describe a rifle that was accurate enough to drive a nail into a board at a given range consistently. It should actually be "Tac-Driver". To me if someone describes a weapon as a tac-driver I expect it to be sub MOA.

I felt that you were talking about me lol "Combat Readiness" lol

Folks have a tendency to regurigitate things they hear. Especially those that have challenges coming up with original thoughts, or ideas.

Listing a tack driver without pictures is useless...there are just too many different styles.

safety.hti.org_images_TackHammers.gif

Why does everyone use the words Tack Driver, Tactical or M4 when describing a firearm? It is not the weapon it is the person behind the weapon. If you have a firearm that shoots sub-minute, that is very helpful! The shooter is the one that is placing the round on target, the firearms is the delivery method... I notice prices go up or start high on Firearms when people are attached to their weapons, or have sunk lots of money into them, they tend to put things in the description like: Tack Driver or Tactical...
Also you know this is true when a Firearm company puts tactical with the name of the weapon, for example: Kimber or Remington. They are not the only ones there are a number of vendors out there that put these types of names with their firearms.

Take for instance a Colt M4 carbine. This is the only AR15 platform that can be call and M4. The contract awards went to this company for manufacture for the US Military.
All these other AR 15 type platforms are just that. Unless you have a GI M4, it is not a M4. I am a 15 Year Combat Infantryman with 5 tours I'm no expert, but I think I know a little bit.

V/R
Chris
Happy Trading!
Why pay NEW prices for used weapons when you can get a New weapon for a New price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the way I take M4 in the civilian market and think it has its place.

"Civilian M4 = M4 feedramps are extended from the barrel extension into the upper receiver. This can help alleviate feeding problems which may occur as a result of the increased pressure of the shortened gas system of the M4. This problem is primarily seen in full-auto applications. While some feel they are unnecessary, their perceived or real utility to others has led to the increasing availability of this feature on civilian AR-15 products"

You could also question:

GI???Gomer Pile
Swat??? Fly...Team.....Who knows
Target???Which one?
National Match???Which Nation and what match
Pro???Whatever
Elite???Again Whatever

It's marketing......but some of it does have a place in identifying ceartin atributes of the weapon.

What about so called sniper rifles ?

there is a distinct difference between a hunting rifle and a sniper rifle and it all boils down to the target that will end up in the crosshairs when the trigger is pulled.

for example... my zastava mark X .308 is presently a hunting rifle... however, I could easily make it into a sniper rifle by simply climbing a water tower and freaking the f*ck out

Alot of these people grew up on or still play all their Video Games, Special Ops, Commando, Etc. ya know all that MAKE BELIEVE, KEYBOARD COMMANDO STUFF, and half of them couldn't hit a Barn with a Bazooka to begin with. If they had any real trigger time or knew how to properly breakdown and clean their weapon, I'd be suprised.

This reminds me of a trip with a friend of mine that is BIG into gaming. He loved to talk about guns and how much he knows about them. He could tell you about every weapon in (insert favorite FPS game here). He wanted to go shoot my "M4" (Tactical Machining TM-15). I put a magazine in it and hand it to him and step back. he shoulders it and squeezes the trigger. Nothing. He looks at the gun then me and ask "how do you turn the safety off?" :) I show him and step back again. He shoulders it again and this time "click". Looks at the gun again, then at me and ask "How to you load it?" I told him and we had a pretty good time. I still remind him of that trip when he gets to talking a little to factually about guns. :D

there is a distinct difference between a hunting rifle and a sniper rifle and it all boils down to the target that will end up in the crosshairs when the trigger is pulled.

for example... my zastava mark X .308 is presently a hunting rifle... however, I could easily make it into a sniper rifle by simply climbing a water tower and freaking the f*ck out

:amen:

Well if you can hit the head of a nail with a rifle at will at a significant distance then it's a tack driver. With so many different stock configurations on an AR M4 style is an accurate stock discription. As far as tactical goes I gotta admit it's marketing run amuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom