Education Using thee words "Tack Driver", Tactical or M4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do agree it's the mostly the shooter when it comes to accuracy, but I'm a Marine and have shot expert every time. However there are weapons that I can shoot the same thing way easier with. This definitely comes into play with pistols, but that wasn't part of the subject so I won't get into that. I think they do get carried away with the m4 title but I'm sure they do that because of the stock style.
And tactical, I believe you can make anything tactical, it's just preparing (your weapon in this instance) for a tactical situation) ie making it lighter, more camo to whatever environment, and making more silent during transport, so the enemy can't hear you coming. These days you could make a SKS tactical.
Weapons are not cars, and for the most part have lifetime warranties. So buying one used or lightly used isn't much different than buying new especially on here. I love the trader prime example glocks in my local gun store just about 600 after tax. Glock on the trader 450 with accessories. And don't try to sell your gun back to the store they'll try to give you half what you paid for it.
That's just my 2 cents

An intermediate level, which converts strategy into tactics is the operational level that deals with formations of units. In common vernacular, "tactical" decisions are those made to achieve greatest immediate value and "strategic" decisions are those made to achieve the greatest overall value irrespective of immediate return.

[Broken External Image]:

well my remington 700 .308 has tactical stamped right on the barrel...cant i call it a tactical version?
. You fell for it! How much more did it cost for black paint and the word Tactial on the bolt?
Don't worry a lot of others fell for it too.. Heck I recently bought a "tactical" stock for a couple of benjamins.

I just got some tactical tires for my 4WD. They "think" about the terrain and chose the best path to follow depending on the conditions. They are also field expediant in that they are already mounted to the vehicle which gives me the strategic advantage when confronted with mud.:laugh: This is sarcasm BTW. Only people by there actions and capability for thought and use of proper "tactics" can be "tactical".

Last edited:
Tack driver is a relative term. I don't expect to see it described as an inaccurate spray and pray rifle by anyone putting one up for sale?

M4 just describes the profile to me, again, I don't expect to actually get a G.I M4. Many more experienced traders use the terms, M4 Profile, or M Forgery to more accurately describe what they have for sale.

Tactical is a descriptive term given to anything that folks think will appeal to tacticool folks.
Again, it doesn't really mean anything specific to me. I mostly picture something with all kinds of Chinese junque all over it.

These terms are just part of the game. Terms like Cream Puff, Cherry, Work Truck, Extra Clean One Owner, and Runs Out Great when describing used vehicles.

I have never shot tacks, how do you cook them. Never seen them on any menus. When I see someone listing a tack driver I expect to see a hammer

there is a distinct difference between a hunting rifle and a sniper rifle and it all boils down to the target that will end up in the crosshairs when the trigger is pulled.

for example... my zastava mark X .308 is presently a hunting rifle... however, I could easily make it into a sniper rifle by simply climbing a water tower and freaking the f*ck out

I believe it has to do with what the manufacturer designed it for as well. My K31 was not designed as a deer rifle, it was meant to stop invaders to the Swiss homeland. By this reasoning I consider it a "Sniper" rifle (that and it's sub-.5 MOA :D). Also...no crosshairs on this bad boy. Iron sights all the way.

a laws is much easier and i dont think they could manage to hit the barn but the selling word that makes me crazy is ELITE as in p220 stainless elite it should be p220ssh the h for heavy as the stainless version weighs more than all the others

spray and pray is a mac 10 or ak47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom