Education Using thee words "Tack Driver", Tactical or M4

Status
Not open for further replies.

squirrelslaying101

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
17   0
Reaction score
Why does everyone use the words Tack Driver, Tactical or M4 when describing a firearm? It is not the weapon it is the person behind the weapon. If you have a firearm that shoots sub-minute, that is very helpful! The shooter is the one that is placing the round on target, the firearms is the delivery method... I notice prices go up or start high on Firearms when people are attached to their weapons, or have sunk lots of money into them, they tend to put things in the description like: Tack Driver or Tactical...
Also you know this is true when a Firearm company puts tactical with the name of the weapon, for example: Kimber or Remington. They are not the only ones there are a number of vendors out there that put these types of names with their firearms.

Take for instance a Colt M4 carbine. This is the only AR15 platform that can be call and M4. The contract awards went to this company for manufacture for the US Military.
All these other AR 15 type platforms are just that. Unless you have a GI M4, it is not a M4. I am a 15 Year Combat Infantryman with 5 tours I'm no expert, but I think I know a little bit.

V/R
Chris
Happy Trading!
Why pay NEW prices for used weapons when you can get a New weapon for a New price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tack driver and M4 don't bother me. "Tactical"- I despise hearing it.

Other than that...I can't wait to see where this thread goes :lol:
:popcorn:

I always chalked it up to the "my child is special" syndrome. Everyone thinks what they have is a one of a kind, special deal. I agree that the person is what makes the weapon shine but noting weapons accuracy could be helpful. I also agree that people pay too much for something and then try to pass it on. You sort of learn to read those, chuckle to yourself, and move on.

Why does everyone use the words Tack Driver, Tactical or M4 when describing a firearm? It is not the weapon it is the person behind the weapon. If you have a firearm that shoots sub-minute, that is very helpful! The shooter is the one that is placing the round on target, the firearms is the delivery method... I notice prices go up or start high on Firearms when people are attached to their weapons, or have sunk lots of money into them, they tend to put things in the description like: Tack Driver or Tactical...
Also you know this is true when a Firearm company puts tactical with the name of the weapon, for example: Kimber or Remington. They are not the only ones there are a number of vendors out there that put these types of names with their firearms.

Take for instance a Colt M4 carbine. This is the only AR15 platform that can be call and M4. The contract awards went to this company for manufacture for the US Military.
All these other AR 15 type platforms are just that. Unless you have a GI M4, it is not a M4. I am a 15 Year Combat Infantryman with 5 tours I'm no expert, but I think I know a little bit.

V/R
Chris
Happy Trading!
Why pay NEW prices for used weapons when you can get a New weapon for a New price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alot of these people grew up on or still play all their Video Games, Special Ops, Commando, Etc. ya know all that MAKE BELIEVE, KEYBOARD COMMANDO STUFF, and half of them couldn't hit a Barn with a Bazooka to begin with. If they had any real trigger time or knew how to properly breakdown and clean their weapon, I'd be suprised. So they try to put some fancy terminology on it to maybe sell it to the Next Mall Ninja or Gung Ho Joe. Most people that have any EXPERIENCE with Weapons will know what your talking about or selling with a simple description. 90%+ shooting skills 10%- weapon. Oh, you forgot the ever popular "BLUE BOOK Value". If your going pay top Book Value, go to the Store and Buy a New One, you'll be more satisfied most of the tme anyway.

Last edited:
Not even going to start on "tactical". We already covered this in another thread. LOL! I've always thought that using M4 just indicated that it's a light weight carbine design in the civilian market. As for "tack driver", it's an old school slang to indicate a weapon that is very accurate. Of course "accurate" is a relative term, but it originated to describe a rifle that was accurate enough to drive a nail into a board at a given range consistently. It should actually be "Tac-Driver". To me if someone describes a weapon as a tac-driver I expect it to be sub MOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom