• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Does caliber even matter?

oh I wasn't saying the picture was true I was just posting it to post it... like I said shot placement is key when it comes down to it. I don't care what others carry as long as they carry I just prefer .45 acp. No I don't think it's better because it's bigger and louder I just think it's better round for me to carry because of the way I shoot it, and how it's a proven round if you can shoot accurately... so if you're saying I know the least about it because I posted a picture that was clearly not accurate that I assumed everyone would know wasn't accurate and that i have "the biggest and loudest" you need rethink. I carry 9mm at work, carried 9mm for a year for my personal carry and trust my life to a 9mm but I just decided to change to .45 acp....

Any round / caliber is a proven round, if it hits its intended target in the intended place. THat is up to the shooter and how much practice he / she puts in.

Your little picture showing the entry holes and exit holes of someones 9mm vs your 45 don't mean too much to me. It's what that bullet hits in between the entry hold and the exit hole that matters. You can shoot at someone with a cannon or a bazooka. But if you can't hit them, all your doing is blowing holes in something other than your target.

I know a guy who has seen a deer dropped in it's tracks with one shot from a 22 short and I have personally seen a guy hit in the leg, and dropped in his tracks from a 22 mag.

Last edited:
Obviously taking capacity out of the equation makes this argument lean toward the big caliber crowd. However, we all know most 9mm handguns have significantly more capacity than 45ACP guns so that's a whole other factor to the situation.

With the type of threats we see in the world this day and age I'd rather carry a Glock 19 (16rds 9mm) over a Glock 30 (11rds 45acp) given that they are about the same size.

Your little picture showing the entry holes and exit holes of someones 9mm vs your 45 don't mean too much to me. It's what that bullet hits in between the entry hold and the exit hole that matters. You can shoot at someone with a cannon or a bazooka. But if you can't hit them, all your doing is blowing holes in something other than your target.
What you are saying is very true but like I stated before I was using that stupid picture as real refrence. And I do agree with all calibers are proven but I just personally like it better for carry.. when I said it was a proven round I was refrencing the fact that it was issued by the military for primary side arm Caliber for so long, it will stop different types of threats easier than your smaller calibers but that's just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom