• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Does caliber even matter?

Pretty sure if you get shot you are gonna have a bad time

I agree.

I will add that I have always regretted parting ways with my 4" Smith 629...Not because it was a .44 Magnum, but because it was fairly comfortable to carry, very comfortable to shoot, one handed or two handed, and it was the most accurate hand gun I have ever shot with a barrel of 5" or less...I miss that kind of accuracy and have never found a hand gun to match it. 6 rounds is not great capacity but I was more comfortable with that 629 than any other gun...Even more, I felt confident with it..I believe that may be the most important aspect, instead of caliber.

I agree.

I will add that I have always regretted parting ways with my 4" Smith 629...Not because it was a .44 Magnum, but because it was fairly comfortable to carry, very comfortable to shoot, one handed or two handed, and it was the most accurate hand gun I have ever shot with a barrel of 5" or less...I miss that kind of accuracy and have never found a hand gun to match it. 6 rounds is not great capacity but I was more comfortable with that 629 than any other gun...I believe that may be the most important aspect, instead of caliber.
Its all about user preference

I tote a titan .25 always because it has never jammed and is very easy to conceal. Plus im surprisingly accurate with it for what it is

I rock 9mm usually too

Reactions: MRH
Its all about user preference

I tote a titan .25 always because it has never jammed and is very easy to conceal. Plus im surprisingly accurate with it for what it is

I rock 9mm usually too

I carry a Taurus TCP 380...Frowned upon by many and the sights suck, but that little gun is reliable and accurate for what it is. I really like it. It is perfect for any pocket.

I got shot in the shoulder with a B B gun that had the CO2 cartridge when I was about 13 or 14. Don't really remember how old I was but I do remember it ruined my day. LOL

Three different times this ruined my day...
Got shot in the leg head and butt..

I grew up with some mean kids..

I agree, and will add that there are many real life differences with shooting gel and a live human body. I carry a G22 because it is still a good caliber, ammo is abundant and not very expensive, and I got the gun for $299. I can also shoot it fairly accurate. I am not a great hand gunner.. If I had found a G17 or G19 for $299 at the time I bought this G22 I would have bought one of those. 9mm is more pleasant to shoot and will definitely do the job. Higher capacity is always a plus too, although my G22 holds 15+1 so that is still very good. Shot placement is the key, always...I have shot only who knows how many deer over the years, and tracked, dragged, and skinned out tons of deer for others as well, and by those experiences alone with deer rifle calibers I believe accuracy matters the most, no matter which hand gun caliber you may be using. Two totally different animals, and totally different types of guns, I know, but if a bad shot is made on a deer using a high powered rifle and the animal survives then a bad shot with a handgun will not take out a human no matter the caliber. And vice versa with a good shot. That's what I believe, anyway. The caliber debate is almost completely null and void to my way of thinking these days.
Agree 100%. I'm a Reid Henrichs fan and like he says... "9, 40, 45- doesn't matter." My personal favorite is 9mm and I like to make a case for it, but at the end of the day, everything 9 or above is serviceable.

Reactions: MRH
If I could hit a perfect shot every time under stress while running for cover all the while screaming like a bitch, a .22 would be great

However in all probability I will not be able to hit exactly where I want. A .22 to the thigh probably not stop an attack from an excited determined attacker. Would 9mm? .40? .45?
IMO you need the largest caliber that starts with a 4 or larger, that you can control and carry effectively. Everyone is different in their capabilities and ability.

Back
Top Bottom