• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Does caliber even matter?

10mm for the win.

I think it opens a door to another dimension when it hits the target...

api.ning.com_files_uErcoZ1KdnLGoiOnMy8sdFdckGYUUJeuYiXDSScuAQU466a26b6a560acd4254acb95054ca1f1.jpg

"This one time....a guy I know".....then post some photoshop meme

Packing a .50 will get you killed if you miss with the first round and then cant get back to target with the second round. Shot placement and the ability to place follow-up rounds is EVERYTHING in a REAL LIFE gunfight. PRACTICE is what will save you, NOT the size of the round. There's a few good reasons why the military issues Beretta M9s and not S&W .500s.

This thread reminds me of a conversation I had earlier today about motorcycle shops and gun shops. The guy with the biggest, loudest machine there will be the one who knows the least about them.

"This one time....a guy I know".....then post some photoshop meme

Packing a .50 will get you killed if you miss with the first round and then cant get back to target with the second round. Shot placement and the ability to place follow-up rounds is EVERYTHING in a REAL LIFE gunfight. PRACTICE is what will save you, NOT the size of the round. There's a few good reasons why the military issues Beretta M9s and not S&W .500s.

This thread reminds me of a conversation I had earlier today about motorcycle shops and gun shops. The guy with the biggest, loudest machine there will be the one who knows the least about them.
oh I wasn't saying the picture was true I was just posting it to post it... like I said shot placement is key when it comes down to it. I don't care what others carry as long as they carry I just prefer .45 acp. No I don't think it's better because it's bigger and louder I just think it's better round for me to carry because of the way I shoot it, and how it's a proven round if you can shoot accurately... so if you're saying I know the least about it because I posted a picture that was clearly not accurate that I assumed everyone would know wasn't accurate and that i have "the biggest and loudest" you need rethink. I carry 9mm at work, carried 9mm for a year for my personal carry and trust my life to a 9mm but I just decided to change to .45 acp....

Last edited:
One sure thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I don't recall ever reading, hearing about, or seeing someone who got shot with a 9mm OR a 45, asking the person who shot him, "HEY BUD, DID YOU SHOOT ME WITH A 9MM OR A 45??? Shot placement means all the difference in the world and practice makes all the difference in the world in shot placement.

Back
Top Bottom