• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you want to end comments in the classifieds?

Oh and I guess the ARF.com folks have never, ever, never sold something for a high price and profit. Should I care what the fine members at ARF.com thinks of ODT? Ask them to join, then they could be the "flippers" and "newbies" of the next generation of ODT.

Come now, you know that the point of my post was not to appease ARFcom in hopes that they will like us. The point was that word is getting out and the fact that you find it elsewhere is worth noting.

This site, like Calguns and PAFOA is becoming known on the national scene. It has broken out of the buy/sell/trade roll of its infancy.

Last edited:
I agree 100%, but the folks who can't control themselves are ruining it for everyone.

Give them an immediate 3 day ban, minimum. Quit being nice with the infractions. The rules are clear and it's common sense anyway.

I have to admit some of those negative comments are funny and many of them are the truth. That being said, I like comments in ads and I don't want to loose them to a minority of people that keep testing the system. Use the hammer!

This ^^^
Posting count rules are stupid anyway. It also eliminates any chance of a one time seller
liquidating items at reasonable prices.

A better option at this point might be to add a F/S forum for guns & ammo priced UNDER msrp. ;) hehe

Lol. Then the over MSRP crowd will buy from your under MSRP forum to resell in the over MSRP forum. My head is spinning.

On another note, I resolve not to surf the classifieds when I drink. That his when I lose self control with comments.

Give them an immediate 3 day ban, minimum. Quit being nice with the infractions. The rules are clear and it's common sense anyway.

I have to admit some of those negative comments are funny and many of them are the truth. That being said, I like comments in ads and I don't want to loose them to a minority of people that keep testing the system. Use the hammer!

While I agree with you, I just hate to see grown men/women banned. I am under the impression that most of the members here can control themselves. Most of our members are very passionate about certain causes or issues. They just have to accept the fact that being passionate about a cause, does not mean they are in the right. I am holding out hope that the rules violations will stop.

I'd like to address the original question....'Do you want to end comments in the classifieds?'

Answer: No. I'd just like to see the scalpers skinned alive and beheaded. Thats all. Is that too much to ask? :D

People have a basic need to be heard when they see what they believe is wrong.

BTW Bypass is on the phone and he said "hi". Well not "hi" exactly but he is thinking of you.

While I agree with you, I just hate to see grown men/women banned. I am under the impression that most of the members here can control themselves. Most of our members are very passionate about certain causes or issues. They just have to accept the fact that being passionate about a cause, does not mean they are in the right. I am holding out hope that the rules violations will stop.

Yep, and I hold out hope people will quit running red lights... :p

Back
Top Bottom