• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Do you stay prepared?

What's does yalls ideal Bag consist of?
Some of the gear I carry changes based on where I'm going, what im doing, how long I'll be gone, how far I am from home, and the "threat level".
Bag: vertx gamut 2.0
Firearm(s): glock 19 and or glock mag fed pdw.
Firearm support gear: spiritus mk4 chest rig with smg 4 mag insert, pistol insert, dangler with med kit and a set of ear plugs. Glock 19 holster, and iwb mag carrier (support gear is subject to change depending on Firearm being carried.)
A 1 liter stainless water bottle (full)
Some food, (Jerky or granola usually)
A neck gaiter/face shield.
Pair of gloves, beanie
A roll of electrical tape, tube of super glue, sharpie, pen, small note book, a power bank and cable for my phone, a couple lighters, a flashlight, 100 in cash ( broken down into 20's and 5's), leatherman and some 550 cord (25ft).
Now for some of the more "unusual" gear...
Sparrows lock pick set, ( I use it for padlocks mostly, but could be useful if I needed to find a place to shelter)

A mil-X smoke grenade ( more for signaling than anything, but can be used as a diversion tool)
In the water bladder compartment of the pack I carry a tomahawk. ( secondary entry option incase I CANT pick a lock lol) but mostly as a tool. I wouldn't consider using it as a weapon unless I was already using it when attacked.

Through out the bag I've got some of the bio luminescent glow stick things tethered to the bag so i can see what I'm looking for without a huge light signature.
Most of this stuff stays in the bag, ill swap the pdw out for just the g19 if I'm staying pretty local or carrying the bag on my person isnt feasible.

The bag is intended to get me home and sustain me until I can get there.

There's probably gonna be some questions if I get stopped or searched by police for any reason lol.

Gotten very relaxed since I moved to the island. Getting away from crime-ridden metro area spoils one.
Just keep the disposable car gun, spare mags and knife in the car. Trying to get better about on person carry when going into a city.
Keep the car at least 3/4 full on gas, with gas cards for several different brands and a cash stash in the console in case we have to do a quick evac. Really need to prep a go bag. Complacency issues.
House is pretty much set, with generator and fuel, 3 month food supply. Need to work on more fresh water stock.

With all the concerns about a terror attack being imminent, who is actually keeping their kit in their vehicle and ready for use?
I'm always armed, but what I'm carrying in the truck varies a bit. I have to admit, sometimes I'm a bit lax about keeping a get home bag with me in the truck, especially on close runs.

Back
Top Bottom