Do you carry without a round chambered?

When I carry my 1911 it is cocked and locked. When I carry DA guns like a Glock, I always carry with a round in the chamber.

However, when I carry my Colt SAA...there is NO ROUND IN CHAMBER. The good thing is that when drawn and cocked the Colt SAA is ready to fire. And if you don't think that can happen in the blink of eye - then google a few quick draw guys like Bob Munden.
^^^^This100%^^^^ Although I don't carry a Colt SAA I have carried a 1911 for a lotta years and occasionally I'll carry a G19 and there's ALWAYS a round chambered and ready. I do have a Ruger Vaquero .45 LC that I might carry when I'm hunting sometimes and it's fully loaded but it has the hammer block safety so it can be carried safely with a round under the hammer. Carrying a semi-auto without a round chambered is just plain dumb to me, if you aren't confident enough to carry with a round chambered then you need to re-evaluate your need to carry or carry a damn revolver instead.

If you carry without a round in the chamber, you are not ready to carry a firearm at all.

Really?

That's going to come as a surprise to the entire Israeli army. (and several other armies and police forces around the world.)

Here's what the Justin Beiber of the gun world, Massad Ayoob has to say on the subject:

“Condition Three does have its place for carry, however. If I am carrying a gun like a Glock, which does not have a manual safety per se, and do not have access to a holster which covers the trigger guard (as is strongly recommended by the Glock factory), and have to shove the gun into my waistband, I'll make sure the chamber is empty.”

Back
Top Bottom