Do you carry two?

So, do any of you carry either two spare mags or two guns? Why, and where (on your person) and what two (if guns)? Some may think...why do you need 2 guns? Same reason you may need 1 haha. It seems if people carry more "gear" than you, they are paranoid. If they carry less than you. They are sheep. At least thats the mindset of some guys that carry. Thanks in advance...carry on.

I carry a S&W Model 36, in my coat pocket (SNUB-NOSE), and a PX-4 Subcompact on my belt. My wife carriers a S&W Snubby, and a Bersa .380, for her back up gun.

Just trivia for the day. Carrying a second gun, rather than a spare mag, is often called a "New York Reload".

I carry a G36 and one extra mag. It would be extremely rare that a SD situation would take more than that. However, if it really hits the fan, I have a total of 235 more rounds and two additional weapons in my vehicle. One of which is a pistol caliber carbine.
Goes back to when officers carried revolvers. It was usually faster to grab the snubbie on your ankle than to reload your service weapon even with a speed loader.

Goes back to when officers carried revolvers. It was usually faster to grab the snubbie on your ankle than to reload your service weapon even with a speed loader.
Specifically back in the old school days in New York City. People noticed that when NYPD were getting into gun fights the scene would be littered with spent revolvers. Hence..... the NEW YORK RELOAD.

Last edited:
My answer is hidden in the situation below.

Hypothetical situation:

Let's say that a thug knows that you are armed and gets the drop on you and sticks a gun in your face and demands your weapon, which you may be carrying or it may be laying in the seat of your truck, etc. You give it to him. He now feels that since he has your weapon you can no longer defend yourself. He will relax somewhat and at some point he will let his guard down. When he does, you pull your back up weapon and shoot him in the face.

Hypothetically speaking of course.

My answer is hidden in the situation below.

Hypothetical situation:

Let's say that a thug knows that you are armed and gets the drop on you and sticks a gun in your face and demands your weapon, which you may be carrying or it may be laying in the seat of your truck, etc. You give it to him. He now feels that since he has your weapon you can no longer defend yourself. He will relax somewhat and at some point he will let his guard down. When he does, you pull your back up weapon and shoot him in the face.

Hypothetically speaking of course.

Makes sense to me :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom