• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DO NOT EAT AT PHIL's BBQ In Eufaula, AL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I didn't read the comments but how exactly is this op's thread starter making anyone here look bad? It makes idiot police officers with dirty harry syndrome look bad and it makes establishments that claim to be gun friendly but call idiot police officers on you for having a gun look bad ... that's about it.

Actually, I wouldn't even remotely blame the police on this one.

The he said she said vs in this thread are just that. BS. What caused the employee to be frightened and call the law can not be known. I will say, I would rather my employees call the police if a customer with a firearm is frightening them over approaching the customer about it. As I said though, we can't know what really happened.

What we do know is when approached by LE zombie ninja was not in compliance with Alabama law. Why doesn't matter, he could have been cited or arrested and would have been found guilty in s court of law.

The other thing we know is he was traveling through several states while wearing a firearm without hid permit. Shall not be infringed is great and all, but the real world is not absolutes and we have laws that whether you agree with them or not is irrelevant. Fight to change them, but accept the consequences if you get caught breaking them in the mean time.

I don't know the laws of all the states he traveled through, but I don't think anyone would find it wise to travel around the country wearing a gun when your permit is on your dresser at home.

I would say zombie ninja should be thankful LE let him go on his way no worse for wear. It could have been a much more expensive inconvenience.

Now the one fact nobody HSS addressed yet is how's the BBQ at Phil's? I love me some good Q. :thumb:

The he said she said vs in this thread are just that. BS. What caused the employee to be frightened and call the law can not be known. I will say, I would rather my employees call the police if a customer with a firearm is frightening them over approaching the customer about it. As I said though, we can't know what really happened.

What we do know is when approached by LE zombie ninja was not in compliance with Alabama law. Why doesn't matter, he could have been cited or arrested and would have been found guilty in s court of law.

The other thing we know is he was traveling through several states while wearing a firearm without hid permit. Shall not be infringed is great and all, but the real world is not absolutes and we have laws that whether you agree with them or not is irrelevant. Fight to change them, but accept the consequences if you get caught breaking them in the mean time.

I don't know the laws of all the states he traveled through, but I don't think anyone would find it wise to travel around the country wearing a gun when your permit is on your dresser at home.

I would say zombie ninja should be thankful LE let him go on his way no worse for wear. It could have been a much more expensive inconvenience.

Now the one fact nobody HSS addressed yet is how's the BBQ at Phil's? I love me some good Q. :thumb:

:thumb:

Now I didn't read the comments but how exactly is this op's thread starter making anyone here look bad? It makes idiot police officers with dirty harry syndrome look bad and it makes establishments that claim to be gun friendly but call idiot police officers on you for having a gun look bad ... that's about it.
You don't see anything wrong with a whole bunch of people who weren't there and don't really know what happened attacking the NRA, the private Facebook pagr of an NRA rep, the Facebook page of a small business 600 miles away and trash talking a law enforcement agency, a town, and a state based off of nothing but hearsay?

Several have commented that their BBQ is great. Made me hungry reading their comments.

well hell if I cannot trust the word of two ODTers with impeccable records over a couple of brand new strangers acting like they were there and weren't(Shills)... well I guess we should just drive Zombie and Saygoodnight "back ta alley-Bammy and get that thar bounty on these here hardened crimeenals."

well hell if I cannot trust the word of two ODTers with impeccable records over a couple of brand new strangers acting like they were there and weren't(Shills)... well I guess we should just drive Zombie and Saygoodnight "back ta alley-Bammy and get that thar bounty on these here hardened crimeenals."
I bet many on the ODT would vouch for me, but the fact of the matter is I'm just some guy on the internet. There probably isn't but two or three people here who know me well enough to make that judgment call. I don't know Zombie Ninja from Adam. It may be exactly as he says, or entirely made up. I don't know. I'm certainly not going to attack a business based off what some guy on the internet said. Especially when by his own admission he was in violation of Alabama law when approached by law enforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom