• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DO NOT EAT AT PHIL's BBQ In Eufaula, AL

Status
Not open for further replies.
The police showing up acting like dirty harry and starting a big dick measuring contest is a pretty continuing theme ..... everywhere.

I will clarify why I don't blame them.
They were responding to a "suspicious man with a gun" call. In their mind it could have escalated to a armed robbery in progress by the time they got there.
I can see easily why they may have been "having a dick measuring contest".

Again, not even a remote reason to blame them.

I will clarify why I don't blame them.
They were responding to a "suspicious man with a gun" call. In their mind it could have escalated to a armed robbery in progress by the time they got there.
I can see easily why they may have been "having a dick measuring contest".

Again, not even a remote reason to blame them.

Agreed.

What is all this hate against LEO's? Has one wronged everyone who posts this vile hatred? Sure there are good ones, and bad ones...just as there are good and bad people. The ones in this case received a call that would send them in to code red status. Doesn't matter who called it in...calls involving guns usually if not always trigger an LEO's adrenaline system to go into overdrive.

And I agree that zombie ninja is really lucky to have been allowed to leave. No offense, but the required permit was left at home...so should his primary carry be left there as well. One is not really legal without the other. Doesn't matter open vs. concealed...having the required permit, and making sure that the state(s) you are traveling through honor the permit...is the responsibility of the gun owner...not the cops who respond when a jumpy person calls them. Not judging...I'm sure it was an honest mistake (at least I hope it was)...but I have my permit on my person whether a gun is on my hip, in my car, or even if I don't have a gun in my presence.

I still wouldn't frequent the establishment in this case...anyone who has NRA advertisements in the place...and employs people who overreact in the presence of a person carrying a gun...they don't have much invested as a member of the NRA. They could have asked him to leave, which would have been well within their rights...before involving the police. But that was the decision...so I'd rather avoid the possibility of acting this story out personally by eating elsewhere.

Last edited:
What if it was your mom, wife, sister, daughter, niece. How many of you would protect them? I love the second amendment. But I love my family friends and employees more.

Mind if I ask what the posters of this thread did to be construed as suspicious enough to involve the police?

Inquiring minds really want to know the other side of the story...just to set the record straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom