• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DO NOT EAT AT PHIL's BBQ In Eufaula, AL

Status
Not open for further replies.
The funniest part of all of this, is we tend to dislike when the media takes one side of a story, and convicts someone, yet what are we doing here?

Most of you have for one reason or another been bewildered at how fast people jump to one side (most recent example: Martin and Zimmerman; gun control as well) and try to ruin some one / some thing.

The math is so simple it can be done with a crayon, yet here we sit.

The funniest part of all of this, is we tend to dislike when the media takes one side of a story, and convicts someone, yet what are we doing here?

Most of you have for one reason or another been bewildered at how fast people jump to one side (most recent example: Martin and Zimmerman; gun control as well) and try to ruin some one / some thing.

where's the popcorn?

You're right. But what made the employee nervous? Empty restaurant, truck with out of state plates, person PARTIALLY CONCEALED, with someone else waiting in the vehicle. The employee didn't HAVE to call 911, but zombie ninja could have totally concealed his firearm as well.

My point is if he had properly concealed, no one would have known, an employee wouldn't have called 911 (because they wouldn't have known ZN was carrying), and we would possibly be doing more constructive than trying to ruin and defend a business over something completely avoidable.

Dennis is a prior service marine that does TONS of work with Wounded Warriors. He obviously isn't making a company policy to harass gun owners.

It was completely avoidable, but only if the employees were trained to recognize open carry laws in Alabama and not overreact from the sight of a firearm. Plain and simple, they had no idea if he had a carry permit or not, and called the police anyway. I do feel a bit of sympathy for the owner if he is what you say he is, but as a business owner myself, the buck stops with him and he should take responsiblity for his employees actions and train them better. I am very disappointed in how the Eufaula police handled the situation, but most disappointed with the NRA reps comments on this site and biased anti-gun/anti-carry position.

Last edited:

Speaking of crayons, you aren't the brightest one in the box are you?

img.tapatalk.com_d_13_07_12_anasyda2.jpg

what in the **** Ever happened to 'Shall not be infringed'?
except in your vehicle wherein all parties are not full dressed as clowns on the third tuesday of of the month wherein all parties are female...

Nope... not an infringement at all.

Not trolling at all. I included my information just to prove that I am not trolling.

Look at it for what it is, partially concealed / open, no license with out of state vehicle tags. Now put your teenager behind the counter etc with today's society.

Here is what I found for carrying in a vehicle without a permit:
Open carry is generally permitted. However, open carry in a vehicle without a concealed carry license is prohibited. Open carry of a pistol is legal in Alabama. AL code 13A-11-52 states that, "Except as otherwise provided in this article, no person shall carry a pistol about his person on premises not his own or under his control; but this section shall not apply to any sheriff or his deputy or police officer of an incorporated town or city in the lawful discharge of the duties of his office, or to United States marshal or his deputies, rural free delivery mail carriers in the discharge of their duties as such, bonded constables in the discharge of their duties as such, conductors, railway mail clerks and express messengers in the discharge of their duties." However, this article is currently being debated in the Alabama legislature. Now open carry individuals can not be charged for disorderly conduct when having the gun properly holstered.

So you are telling me:

The current state of Society is cause for surrender of Constitutional rights. and WTF is 'Partially concealed"? Next you know having it in a holster will be considered concealed... THATS RIGHT, Tennessee already did that.
So, without a permit, you can legally open carry in public, But not in areas under his control... but not in areas under his control either... like HIS CAR.

This is what happens when we start infringing. According to your statement, you can open carry anywhere and nowhere all at the same time... UNLESS of course you are tin-badge-special.

***********THE FOLLOWING IS NOT DIRECTED AT ANY PARTICULAR PERSON**********
Simply a relevant quote, so no one get all twisted up.

"Having a gun makes me a criminal no more than your mom having a vagina makes her a 'professional'."

This thread and most of the responses are an embarrassment to gun owners and more so the ODT.

Comments made here, Facebook, etc. are out of line and do nothing but make us all look bad. The actions taken by some of the respondents who weren't there astonish me. I'm shock sight administration continues to allow this dog pile.

Last edited:
what in the **** Ever happened to 'Shall not be infringed'?

This is what happens when we start infringing. According to your statement, you can open carry anywhere and nowhere all at the same time... UNLESS of course you are tin-badge-

"Having a gun makes me a criminal no more than your mom having a vagina makes her a 'professional'."

^^^^^^ This

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom