• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DO NOT EAT AT PHIL's BBQ In Eufaula, AL

Status
Not open for further replies.
why wasn't the guy carrying his permit?WHY?

25.media.tumblr.com_tumblr_mebmn2wvdi1rkt54ro1_500.gif

Wow, this is an incredible shock. I personally know Dennis Durrance. He is a prior service marine, disabled. He contributes generously to the community, and is a total gun head.

He actually invited me to come to Eufala for a wounded warrior hunt (I'm 70% disabled) last year. I can GUARANTEE you that he is not anti carry, or anti 2nd amendment.

To prove who I am, feel free to find me on FB at Ken Barkhuff. I am filming a TV show to be aired Jan 2014 on the Pursuit Channel called Raised Right Outdoors. Feel free to locate me there on FB at www.facebook.com/raisedrightoutdoors

It sounds like the Eufala police are the ones that made your experience most unpleasant. Any of us that have or have had employees know that they can make irrational or poor decisions that do not have anything to do with the methodologies of the owner / management policies.

Best I can come up with is you came in partially concealed, partially open? If it was at night, could that have helped lead to your encounter of an unfamiliar face with someone waiting in the vehicle and a partially concealed weapon. Either way, you are the only ones there, he walks in partially concealed with out of state plates with someone waiting at the vehicle. It's not hard to see out of state plates, partial concealment, only ones there, someone waiting with the vehicle why the authorities were called.

Next question is do you ride with your firearm on your side? If not, you made the choice to carry into a restaurant where no one was there, and when you put on the firearm partially concealed you had to know what you were doing, if not you shouldn't be carrying. And why carry into an empty restaurant when your significant other is carrying heat in the vehicle? I am not trying to pick a fight, honestly. But if you look at it all, you are accountable, and no one else.

At the end of the day, I keep my concealed carry license in my wallet. If you were partially concealed and partially open, you were breaking the law. Not having your license while traveling through another state is not the greatest plan. I make it a point to carry all required documentation when leaving my home state.

You had an unfortunate interaction with the police that could have been completely avoided with proper concealment, and if that failed a license.

Throwing an establishment under the bus is imprudent and irresponsible when at the end of the day you could have made a lot of other choices to ensure the entire scenario never happened. Either carry open or concealed but not both, it leads you to being questioned. If you're traveling out of state, carry your documentation. Finally, take accountability for your actions, don't blame others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom