• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dick’s ….get woke go broke

OH man yeah I spend a lot of time up at the Westgate Mall in the 90s. Used to be packed. I'd spend a lot of time at the Media Play they put up there too. Crazy how it's all empty real-estate for the most part, aside from a voting precinct there.
That property SHOULD be turned into a new courthouse and jail all in one spot just like the one here in Perry. The parking situation would be a lot better and that's where the crime is going on anyway.

I loved the little sub sandwiches I used the get at K-Mart and feel sorry for folks that never experienced the pre-online shopping shopping experience.
They used to make me get in the phone/intercom system and announce the Blue Light Special. I hated doing that.
Maybe a year or two later I worked at Phar Mor beside the mall. One of the customer service managers had the task of making the store closing announcement every night around 8:45. He had worked at Kmart for many years before that. So at least once a week he would get in the Phar Mor intercom and say " Attention Kmart shoppers..." And then everyone would look around all confused about where they were.

I loved the little sub sandwiches I used the get at K-Mart and feel sorry for folks that never experienced the pre-online shopping shopping experience.
Or the maple nut candy at Sears. They put the candy bar at the elevators so you could smell through whole store

Haven't been in a Dick's since they thought it was a good idea to stop carrying AR15s. Wont hurt my feelings when they have to close theor doors for good

Back
Top Bottom