• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dick’s ….get woke go broke

The Woolworth's I went to I don't remember serving food. But in the same strip, there was a Dunaway RX that had a diner. Ate there a few times along the way. I remember the food being good too
Way back when like say late 80s Houston Mall in Warner Robins had an Eckerd Drugs that had a lunch counter on one side that had been closed for who knows how long.
When I worked at Kmart in 87 they had a cafe in the back . So I would take my break and get something really greasy for lunch.
I miss the OLD Westgate Mall . Used to walk up that steep ass hill on the back side and go in the rear door. They used to have cool car and motorcycle shows there in the 80s.

I bought my first TV and VCR at Woolworth's in the early 80s. 19 inch Soundesign color TV and Lloyds VCR. Boy was I living large. No more renting the VCR in the bulky case when I rented a VHS movie!
My how the times have changed.....My wife and I bought our first TV at Robert's on sale. A 19" RCA. Still have that TV and it still works.....

Way back when like say late 80s Houston Mall in Warner Robins had an Eckerd Drugs that had a lunch counter on one side that had been closed for who knows how long.
When I worked at Kmart in 87 they had a cafe in the back . So I would take my break and get something really greasy for lunch.
I miss the OLD Westgate Mall . Used to walk up that steep ass hill on the back side and go in the rear door. They used to have cool car and motorcycle shows there in the 80s.
I loved the little sub sandwiches I used the get at K-Mart and feel sorry for folks that never experienced the pre-online shopping shopping experience.

OH man yeah I spend a lot of time up at the Westgate Mall in the 90s. Used to be packed. I'd spend a lot of time at the Media Play they put up there too. Crazy how it's all empty real-estate for the most part, aside from a voting precinct there.

That whole area on Eisenhower and Pio Nono is desolate wasteland. I knew the end was near when in the early 90s I went to the old K-Mart there and as I walked in a guy ran past me with a new chain saw in his arms. He jumped into a car with a driver waiting for him and sped off. One of the workers was following at a distance and I asked what was up. She said he stole the chainsaw and that it happens all the time.

Macon was way ahead of its time when it comes to snatch and grab.

Now I check Academy for primers every now and then but Dicks are just that. The personnel are just that "Dick's ". Plus they don't have anything I can't get off Amazon for mega discounts and delivered to my door in a couple days. Sometimes in two or three at the most. I mean their prices are just insanity to an extreme. Theft my rear end!

Back
Top Bottom