• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

** Deal / No-Deal ** Deal Killers

Deleted member 38641

Default rank <4500 posts
US Army (Retired)
84   0
Reaction score
Have you every tried to make a deal with someone just to find out that they don't really want to sell or trade? It happened to me recently when I tried to strike a deal with someone for the second time on a posting that just keeps getting re-listed with no changes for the past 3 months. I finally realized why it keeps getting re-listed. I guess I just have to ignore it. But, why do they bog down the site with these adds for selling or trading if, they really have no intention to do so? What gives? What are they hoping for. Are they just letting their add hang out there like a worm on a hook, waiting for the right fish to come along? OK, Thanks for letting me Vent. Yes, I feel better now.

I think some people just think something else/better is going to come by... also, some think their items are worth more than they really are and second guess what they are receiving for it....

I've experienced this on both ends actually. Sellers that don't appear to be motivated to sell or seem to drag their feet for some reason and then buyers that ask a million questions, leading to what seems to be an eventual sell and then........nothing.

The majority of people are well versed on trading/ selling, but a bunch have recently migrated from Craigslist and other forums with no clue as to actual value and they are running a behind the scenes auction. I found some of these nimrods when I offer to buy at their asking price and they say no thanks....didn't you see the OBO? I answer yes and they say they are waiting for a better "bid", their posted value/price was just a starting "bid". With most people OBO means that they will consider offers for less within reason, with some of the idiots it means offers for more than they are asking.

I just talked to a guy about what he thought OBO meant, he said it means "OR BETTER OFFER". Seems the Newer nimrods make up their own interpretations.

Last edited:
I've been burned TWICE on this site where goods promised was sold out from underneath me either for more $$ or they didn't want to wait for the time when I COULD be available in THEIR area... if they were DELIVERING the $5#@ to me, I could understand. And I only found out AFTER I contacted them to confirm the meeting. Seems no one is willing to honor a commitment anymore, but with the President as a role model, I guess I get what I deserve... [/vent]

Back
Top Bottom