• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

damaged barrel =(

:D roflol, yes i tried to remove the flash hider, i when to the range yesterday and while I was cleaning the rifle I decided to remove the flash hider.
1st i tried to use a flat head screw driver and then i cut groves to see if it will brake off, it didnt work so i used a wedge to brake flash hider and BOOOOOM barrel split lol, it was until 2 hours later that i remember that in "SR556C" the FH is integrated with barrel, so im going to take it to cartersille and see if it can be fixed, if not I will call Ruger to get a price on a new barrel.
leasson learned, walk before trying to run, lol and watch bunch of videos on youtube to became a gunsmith lol

Holy crap! What did you hit the wedge with, a hydrogen bomb? :rofl:

called Ruger and they asked me to send it in, they said they will put another barrel, maybe free of charge, anybody has experience with Ruger customer service ?

- - - Updated - - -

I will keep you guys updated.

Hey, sorry Im too late to be in on the conversation at this point. Just wanted to say "holy ****, what the **** did you do?". Good luck.

Ruger has stellar CS. They move pretty fast on stuff too at least in my experience.

In your case, well only you know what actually happened (looks like you took a saw to it and cut it right down the middle) then pounded it apart. :) but it never hurts to ask. Worse case scenario you pay for a new barrel and get your rifle back 100%. Good luck.

:D roflol, yes i tried to remove the flash hider, i when to the range yesterday and while I was cleaning the rifle I decided to remove the flash hider.
1st i tried to use a flat head screw driver and then i cut groves to see if it will brake off, it didnt work so i used a wedge to brake flash hider and BOOOOOM barrel split lol, it was until 2 hours later that i remember that in "SR556C" the FH is integrated with barrel, so im going to take it to cartersille and see if it can be fixed, if not I will call Ruger to get a price on a new barrel.
leasson learned, walk before trying to run, lol and watch bunch of videos on youtube to became a gunsmith lol

That is an impressive amount of damage to be made with a screwdriver and wedge...? What exactly are you referring when you say wedge..? As in a chisel..? Air hammer.? learning the hard way definitely sucks at times good luck with that one..!

Back
Top Bottom