• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dad's Water Damaged Colt!!!

That's looking really great! You've inspired me to give a go at my old Savage camp model over and under .22lr / 20ga. Don't think its worth anything but my own memories.

we've done some home made bluing formulas before... It's ok but nothing like a pro bluing compound like Brownells

you best bet may be rust or Belgian bluing...

not nearly as nasty...

Thanks everyone for the positive responses. I really appreciate it.

I had researched and located some really neat home brew bluing methods using fertilizer and the such. I'll post up the set up but it looks like an outside grill, stainless pot and thermometer that will accurately read around 400 degrees. I'll need some protective gear face splash guard, rubber apron and gloves. The fumes are toxic and the material is caustic. You don't want to breathe or get this stuff on you. Utmost care needs to be exercised or you will jack yourself up attempting this.

Duke, you will need to plan on getting down here or me coming up there before spring. The first trip back home and it's back in Dad's holster. I have a few value packs of .22's with your name on them. Perhaps you will shoot this better than the Smith Model 29 with 3-4 rounds staggered in the cylinder?
i39.tinypic.com_aku93o.gif

Back
Top Bottom