• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CZ Scorpion SBR

Well honestly I think it would be cool to have either an MPX or an EVO. It just comes down to what you like better. I don't like the looks of the EVO without a stock, but I think it looks great with the factory folder. An AR-type trigger is a huge plus for the MPX, but for me, the $1500 price tag, mag prices, and looks don't make up for that. I guess I like plastic PCCs as I also have a CX4.

I haven't held either one of them but I think I like the looks of the EVO better. The MPX does look more solid and the EVO looks a little more plasticy but it looks lighter too. The EVO weights in at 5 lbs but for the life of me I can't find a weight on the MPX. I'm not sure after SBR'ing it that weight will be all that much of a big deal. I think it comes down to the price and the cool factor is making me lean more toward the EVO.

MPX is 5.0# for the pistol with the mag. 6.2-6.5# with stock.

My Scorpion weights in at just 5lbs with the tube adapter and rail peices and optic right now. Full of plastic for sure, but the background from overseas helps trust the polymer. I like that the one peice solid milled brick of steel used as a bolt accounts for 38% of the firearms weight.

It looks better suppressed when you add a stock :becky:

Once this is approved I plan on getting a Thomson Machine Poseidon 9 for the CZ and my M&P to share, light and short but still very quiet.

EVO is also blowback and a 7.75" barrel? More research I do the more I like the MPX. Pistol operated and you can get a 4.5" barrel? I'll happily pay the extra money to get it.

I like having some length for control, reach and slightly better accuracy at +25m I am getting very good groups from 12-40 yards at the indoor range, havn't had the chance to go to the Waco range yet.

No flash yet either even though the ratcheting device on the end does not seem to be designed for flash and is considered a protector from CZ's diagram.

I'm hoping (dreaming) at some point to be able to compare side-by-side the Scorpion SBR and MPX SBR. It appears that the MPX is just a touch heavier, but to me (for some reason) it appears to be a little smaller/more compact...is 'svelte' the word?

I'm not sure if that's even true though. I kind of want something just about the same size as an MP5, without being an MP5 clone (semi-auto-only MP5's just make me sad...)

When I saw a video review of the CZ SBR w/suppressor (Colion Noir), to me it just looked big, like you might as well just be using a rifle. I'm not sure if the MPX is really similar in size to the MP5, but that's a factor for me. I want something I can tuck away in a very small package.

I thought the MPX had a 6.5" barrel?

Theres 3 different barrels, an 8" a 6.5" and a 4.5". From my research looking at AR-9 barrels it seems like 4.5 is the best for suppression. Longer barrels can send 147gr trans-sonic and doesnt have as a good sound.

Does anyone know how hard is it to remove the EVO barrel and get it chopped and threaded?

Since I started this thread, 35 KAK EVO brace kits sold off of CZ's website! :cool:

Word must be getting around that they are available from shop.cz-usa.com for a meer $80

Back
Top Bottom