• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CZ Scorpion SBR

Just making sure my thinking in that was correct. I think everybody but the ATF thinks its a stupid idea. Looks as though the cz kit includes the magazine parts. Cz custom makes a barrel, thread adapter which i guess wouldnt count but they make a flash hider also base pads right now. If the mag parts were really cheap i wouldnt think twice about just equipping all mags with them but their base pad is around $30 each. Im on the fence weather or not to get an evo and go this route. Seems like its going to be pretty expensive, the manticore arms stock is sexy though.

CZ has dropped the ball big-time on this. I'm pretty sure it's impossible, unless you're MrGunsnGear on YouTube, to have a 922(r) compliant EVO right now. The EVO was imported as a pistol solely to not have to be converted upon import, so it's not like this should be a surprise to them. I have an approved EVO that just sits. Serves me right for being an early adopter.

ya thats what im seeing unless theres parts out their that just arent getting advertised. I love the way it looks i just dont know that i want to drop the coin on it especially when my p90 looks way better. Of crourse i cant get sub rounds and its more expensive to shoot.

ya thats what im seeing unless theres parts out their that just arent getting advertised. I love the way it looks i just dont know that i want to drop the coin on it especially when my p90 looks way better. Of crourse i cant get sub rounds and its more expensive to shoot.

If I were you, I'd wait. Street price for the EVO is around $700 from time-to-time and the kits aren't out yet. Eventually you might be able to piece together a 922(r) compliant EVO without the kit, but I don't think you can now. Sure, you could say screw 922(r), it's stupid, and no one has ever been prosecuted for it, but I'm not going that route. I really like the looks of the EVO and the factory stock, but of course that's subjective.

oh ya dont get me wrong i think its stupid but im not trying to do federal time. I didnt realize the kit was $199 with the stock so im sure i could purchase it and sell it for a good chunk of change that would help with costs. Reasons for rushing now would be to get the wait time for sbr over with. I love my cz's and subsonic rounds would be nice and way cheaper than 5.7x28.

oh ya dont get me wrong i think its stupid but im not trying to do federal time. I didnt realize the kit was $199 with the stock so im sure i could purchase it and sell it for a good chunk of change that would help with costs. Reasons for rushing now would be to get the wait time for sbr over with. I love my cz's and subsonic rounds would be nice and way cheaper than 5.7x28.

Well, in theory, the kit should have been out by the time my stamp was approved. Hasn't happened yet, so it's up to you whether you should rush.

I'm just being patient, I love my SBR Scorpion. You can always run an AR stock and a folding adapter made by CZ custom and buy 1 or 2 magazine base pads + a muzzle device.

BTW the new Vortex Venom 3moa red dot is pretty sleek on the Scorpions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom