• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Cyclist...show us your favorite bikes!

My ride.

i412.photobucket.com_albums_pp203_mountainpass_IMG_1894.jpg

I OWN a Giant Revel 0..... lol notice own I haven't rode in over a year and my spair tire is def showing it. Sorry no pix its in a shed collecting duct. It's nothing fancy but was still fun to ride.

Go ahead and get him into it. There are many kids younger than him racing, so he shouldnt have a problem. It can get pricey later on, once he gets deeper in it but intially it shouldnt be bad

Any of you bmx guys know where I can buy gear for my son? Helmet, jersey, pants etc.
Any good bmx shops around metro area? Thanks in advance!

Any of you bmx guys know where I can buy gear for my son? Helmet, jersey, pants etc.

Well... It's been a really long time... but I used to get all my gear/parts/etc. from Freeflite in Marietta. I didn't even know if they were still open or not, but someone on this thread mentioned that they are still around. I'm not sure what they have anymore, but you may want to check them out at http://freeflite.com/.

I sure do wish I had more photos of those days when I used to ride BMX! We just didn't take many photos back then... We just did it! We didn't have any cell phones, Blackberries, smart phones, etc. (yes... we did have cameras though - LOL - Polaroid Instamatics!... remember them?) My first "real" BMX bike was a Raleigh Racer. Real solid bike, but quite heavy. Then, I built a GT Pro starting with the frame and forks. From there, I built a Hutch Trickstar II. Absolutely loved that bike! They were quite expensive in the day, so I had one of the only ones in the county at the time (Houston County, GA) and I used to get a lot of looks. I also used to have to guard that thing with my life because it had a huge implicit sign on it that read "STEAL ME!!!" :)

I'll try and dig up a few more photos and post them. They bring back some great memories. I think I still have some, but I'd have to scan them... and my scanner is batting about .500 these days. Good for baseball, bad for electronics!

Okay... Here are a few more photos from back in the day. Some of these photos crack me up! I had such a great childhood, however, with awesome parents, lots of friends, and a very strong sense of community! Compared to nowadays, we had very little money (I think my father was making about $24K/year as an aircraft mechanic on RAFB), but I didn't know otherwise and it was one of the happiest times of my life.

My first "real" BMX bike - Raleigh Racer

043_43.jpg

Some stuff with the GT Pro!

045_45.jpg

046_46.jpg

063_63.jpg

Some stuff with the Hutch Trickstar II!

065_65.jpg

066_66.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Yep... I'm a dork! :)

Honestly, you will better served grabbing that stuff online.
Danscomp and many other online stores are the way to go with BMX related stuff mainly due to selection and price. Local bike shops will have very limited selection of BMX specific gear at a much higher cost.

Back
Top Bottom