• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Cyclist...show us your favorite bikes!

Misfit Dissent - My personal favorite, trying to put another one together this year:

DSC09407.JPG

Okay... Here are a few more photos from back in the day. Some of these photos crack me up! I had such a great childhood, however, with awesome parents, lots of friends, and a very strong sense of community! Compared to nowadays, we had very little money (I think my father was making about $24K/year as an aircraft mechanic on RAFB), but I didn't know otherwise and it was one of the happiest times of my life.

My first "real" BMX bike - Raleigh Racer

View attachment 195138

Some stuff with the GT Pro!

View attachment 195139

View attachment 195140

View attachment 195141

Some stuff with the Hutch Trickstar II!

View attachment 195142

View attachment 195143

- - - Updated - - -

Yep... I'm a dork! :)
Your not the only one, I don't have any pics but late 80's early 90's I spent countless hours doing exactly what you are in these pics, growing up in South FL. that's all we did. It was a way of life. And heck no I would not even attempt it now. My son and his friends can probably do virtual wheelies LOL. Kids are missing out man. I did however take my daughter's training wheels off today so I was pretty proud.
BMX tracks, half-pipes, ramps, wheelies skin't knees and elbows. Those sure were the days. I wisk it was more popular today, what a great sport. Nice rides you had where I lived the rich kids on the islands had the GT's Redlines, etc. My two I remember the best were a Schwinn Predator and Diamondback Striker which was stolen. Oh BTW those white shorts, um yeah....J/K

1975 Schwinn Stingray
1961 Schwinn Wasp
1977 Schwinn Town and Country

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375612235249.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375612235249.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 56
  • uploadfromtaptalk1375612251255.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375612251255.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 54
  • uploadfromtaptalk1375612294194.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375612294194.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 53
Your not the only one, I don't have any pics but late 80's early 90's I spent countless hours doing exactly what you are in these pics, growing up in South FL. that's all we did. It was a way of life. And heck no I would not even attempt it now. My son and his friends can probably do virtual wheelies LOL. Kids are missing out man. I did however take my daughter's training wheels off today so I was pretty proud.
BMX tracks, half-pipes, ramps, wheelies skin't knees and elbows. Those sure were the days. I wisk it was more popular today, what a great sport. Nice rides you had where I lived the rich kids on the islands had the GT's Redlines, etc. My two I remember the best were a Schwinn Predator and Diamondback Striker which was stolen. Oh BTW those white shorts, um yeah....J/K

Growing up in Middle GA, we used to pile up in a truck or two with our bikes and drive (actually, have someone older than us drive) us down to FL and ride the pools, bowls, half-pipes, and do street tricks, especially by the water. We used to think that FL was the best place to ride (it was, wasn't it?)

Those white shorts were "the bomb!" :-) LOL!!!

My two current rides, XC/AM

Frame Specialized SX trail

DSC02705.JPG

+ components

DSC02693+%25282%2529.JPG

= an easy pedaling bike that can handle all the the gnarliest DH/FR trails

DSC02696+%25282%2529.JPG

And for the really gnarly DH/FR trails (of which there are none around here:tsk:) 8+ inches of travel Santa Cruz VPFREE

DSC04200.JPG

And my sons current ride, Santa Cruz Bullit. With just a single front ring & 24" wheels he pedals that thing to the top of bear mountain better than most of the XC guys with weight weenie XC bikes and really embarrasses them on the way down.

IMG_20130601_130058_704.jpg

Back
Top Bottom