• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Culling The Herd: What would you get rid of.

What would you choose to sell?

• LWRC M6IC-A5

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Daniel Defense DD4 M4A1 RIII

Votes: 32 52.5%
  • BCM BCM4 BFH

Votes: 13 21.3%

• Total voters
Which ever one you are willing to take the biggest hit on. Nothing is selling....

Higher end guns will always sell and hold the most value. It’s a matter of finding the target buyers. The ODT may not be the place right now, but it could be. Someone out there is looking. I’ve bought, sold and traded several higher end guns here on the ODT during good and bad times.

Very little on odt. But everywhere else? Most everything.

Maybe even here on the ODT, but yes, there is definitely a market for all of these guns most everywhere.

These are not cheap, cookie cutter blasters. I’m no gun snob, but I know that the higher end guns always have a market and they not only retain good value, but will also sell to the right person.

I'm no gun snob, but I know that the higher end guns always have a market and they not only retain good value, but will also sell to the right person.
The problem with selling higher end guns is that they are luxury items. There just aren't that many people who can spend $1500 on a gun, and those who can, why would they spend it on yours?

Not if you're talking guns. Summer slumps are normal in the firearms business, but this is even lower than the normal slumps. 30-50% lower. It'll go crazy again in 6-12 months.

This is probably true, but somebody out there is looking and will buy one of these guns.

Not everyone is financially recovering from their beach vacations with the family.

I can’t discard this post, though, because the smart buyer is looking for the seller who is trying to recoup funds from that summer vacation, or whatever. At least I would be if I were a buyer.

Higher end guns always have a market. That’s the real bottom line.

The problem with selling higher end guns is that they are luxury items. There just aren't that many people who can spend $1500 on a gun, and those who can, why would they spend it on yours?

Really? There aren’t as many who will spend that much, but there are a lot of guys who can and will. I’m one of them. You probably are too. I’ll bet more than half the guys who have posted in this thread have spent $1500 or more on a gun. I have little doubt in my mind that most here have spent that much on a gun more than once.

I don’t know why they would spend that much on mine, unless it’s what they are looking for, and somebody, somewhere, is looking for it.

Really? There aren’t as many who will spend that much, but there are a lot of guys who can and will. I’m one of them. You probably are too. I’ll bet more than half the guys who have posted in this thread have spent $1500 or more on a gun. I have little doubt in my mind that most here have spent that much on a gun more than once.

I don’t why they would spend that much on mine, unless it’s what they are looking for, and somebody, somewhere, is looking for it.
Yeah, not really arguing with what you've said. It's just I've found it's easier to sell cheaper guns (more buyers), and I'd get a higher percentage of the value back (with some exceptions). But definitely, people with money are always around. Just a matter of connecting with the right person.

Yeah, not really arguing with what you've said. It's just I've found it's easier to sell cheaper guns (more buyers), and I'd get a higher percentage of the value back (with some exceptions). But definitely, people with money are always around. Just a matter of connecting with the right person.
It's always a matter of connecting with the right person. Of course there is a higher pool of "cheap gun buyers", but you list a diamond and there is a buyer as well. Patience is usually the Achilles' heel of the seller.

Agree. Perfect example: Glock. I don’t buy them to resell them, but I have, and they always fetch a higher percentage of the value back because even a Glock with 50k rounds through it is GTG for another 200k, at least. Most guys never shoot 1k. But there is always someone looking for one and they are within reach for many, financially.

With rifles it seems to me the more serious shooters who shoot 10-20k rounds per year are going to spend more for those higher end guns. They almost have to…And those guys aren’t worried about dropping $2k on a gun, they just want it to work. A gun like these posted by the OP, they are mostly safe queens, according to him (not his exact words). If I were looking for a fair deal on a great rifle, these types of guns are what I would be looking for. I would not pay retail, but I would pay a fair price.

Back
Top Bottom