• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Craziest things happen during transaction meet?

Posted this before for a simiar thread, Meet at Lowes on hwy 20 Canton, I was buying a Charter 44 spl. Agreed on price and time/place and vehicle descriptions. I got there 30 min early, summer time and Lowes just was opening as a new store, I backed my car into a space away from other cars and sent message to seller telling him where I was parked.
After 45 min, he was 15 min late, I sent text asking where he was, he said his car staled and a neighbor was bring him, said they were in a white van abut to turn in. I saw a white ford van coming in the drive and making a wide turn in font of me and coming back so passenger side was facing me. The window was down as were mine, the passenger was pulling on a white ski mask, in August, as it rolled into the parking space on my passenger side, my hand was on my 45 down our of sight. The freak in the ski mask said loudly, gimmie the money, he was then approx 8 feet from the end of my P45 and prolly could see the hollow point pointed at his noggin. I went into cop mode and shouted, hands on head or die now. He put em o to and I shouted again, louder, Driver you too or both heads about to bust open. He did and I told passenger to do not remove hands or die and to get out and come to front of my car and hands on hod, Driver don't you ****ing move. Passenger still in white ski mask sad I can open the door if I don't move my hands, I told him if the hands move you die, use your knee, dick, I don't care but move now. He got it open somehow and come to front and put hands on my hood and I had the driver do the same .
OK here is an angry white guy waving a 45 and has 2 men in frisk position n hood and is shouting at them, I truly expected someone to see this and dial 911 or Pkg lot cameras to notice. I was videoing it all with my phone and didn't want to stop to 911 myself.
I was out gun on them as I laid my phone on windshield to keep video and audio going in case I had to dispatch one or both. I frisked them with empty and, no guns. I asked where the 44 was I was buying and he cried, trembling thru the ski mask, I was just kidding you man, he had been saying that ever since he first saw down the barrel. He said the gun was on the seat where he was sitting that he'd get it for me, tod him again if your hands come off the hod, you'll die, both of you. I backed around and opened van door and gun still on em and opened the van door, gun was on seat, loaded.
I went to hood where their hands were starting to burn from engine and august heat and once weapon secured let em stand and damned if the masked guy hadn't already pissed hid jeans and I focused camera on it and he was really crying and apologizing saying a joke, please, a joke we all gun guys ya know.
Well after about 15 min and no blue lights I made em lay their ID on their step bumper next to tag and photo'd all it, the gun, and them once mask was off.
to try to shorten the drawn out ending, I left with a BOS for the gun the gun and stil had l my cash, he gave it up and knew I was going t stop at Cumming PD to have NCIC check ran on it. I still have that son f sam model 44, the fond memory and would have posted the video but, this happened around 2014/15 and the phone got toasted when it took a in in paint.
IMG_1208.JPG

You guys with your "I'm in a sage blue 1999 Tracer with skinny tires" descriptions. I'm almost 70 and most cars don't even say Chevrolet or Ford on them anymore. I have no clue what a 1999 Tracer looks like and I'll probably be driving around the parking lot looking for a guy holding a rifle or pistol waving his arms. Unless you tell me it's a 55 Chevy or a 57 Chevy or a 1964 Mustang or a 1923 Ford T Bucket (which I drove to a buy one evening), then I'm not going to have a clue where or who you are. Did I mention I don't do great on car colors? How are we going to work this one out? I'll keep circling the parking lot with a fistful of $20 in my hand sticking out the window and hope for the best.

You guys with your "I'm in a sage blue 1999 Tracer with skinny tires" descriptions. I'm almost 70 and most cars don't even say Chevrolet or Ford on them anymore. I have no clue what a 1999 Tracer looks like and I'll probably be driving around the parking lot looking for a guy holding a rifle or pistol waving his arms. Unless you tell me it's a 55 Chevy or a 57 Chevy or a 1964 Mustang or a 1923 Ford T Bucket (which I drove to a buy one evening), then I'm not going to have a clue where or who you are. Did I mention I don't do great on car colors? How are we going to work this one out? I'll keep circling the parking lot with a fistful of $20 in my hand sticking out the window and hope for the best.
You still have the T Bucket? Maybe we can do a deal, you know, bucket to bucket.....

Posted this before for a simiar thread, Meet at Lowes on hwy 20 Canton, I was buying a Charter 44 spl. Agreed on price and time/place and vehicle descriptions. I got there 30 min early, summer time and Lowes just was opening as a new store, I backed my car into a space away from other cars and sent message to seller telling him where I was parked.
After 45 min, he was 15 min late, I sent text asking where he was, he said his car staled and a neighbor was bring him, said they were in a white van abut to turn in. I saw a white ford van coming in the drive and making a wide turn in font of me and coming back so passenger side was facing me. The window was down as were mine, the passenger was pulling on a white ski mask, in August, as it rolled into the parking space on my passenger side, my hand was on my 45 down our of sight. The freak in the ski mask said loudly, gimmie the money, he was then approx 8 feet from the end of my P45 and prolly could see the hollow point pointed at his noggin. I went into cop mode and shouted, hands on head or die now. He put em o to and I shouted again, louder, Driver you too or both heads about to bust open. He did and I told passenger to do not remove hands or die and to get out and come to front of my car and hands on hod, Driver don't you ****ing move. Passenger still in white ski mask sad I can open the door if I don't move my hands, I told him if the hands move you die, use your knee, dick, I don't care but move now. He got it open somehow and come to front and put hands on my hood and I had the driver do the same .
OK here is an angry white guy waving a 45 and has 2 men in frisk position n hood and is shouting at them, I truly expected someone to see this and dial 911 or Pkg lot cameras to notice. I was videoing it all with my phone and didn't want to stop to 911 myself.
I was out gun on them as I laid my phone on windshield to keep video and audio going in case I had to dispatch one or both. I frisked them with empty and, no guns. I asked where the 44 was I was buying and he cried, trembling thru the ski mask, I was just kidding you man, he had been saying that ever since he first saw down the barrel. He said the gun was on the seat where he was sitting that he'd get it for me, tod him again if your hands come off the hod, you'll die, both of you. I backed around and opened van door and gun still on em and opened the van door, gun was on seat, loaded.
I went to hood where their hands were starting to burn from engine and august heat and once weapon secured let em stand and damned if the masked guy hadn't already pissed hid jeans and I focused camera on it and he was really crying and apologizing saying a joke, please, a joke we all gun guys ya know.
Well after about 15 min and no blue lights I made em lay their ID on their step bumper next to tag and photo'd all it, the gun, and them once mask was off.
to try to shorten the drawn out ending, I left with a BOS for the gun the gun and stil had l my cash, he gave it up and knew I was going t stop at Cumming PD to have NCIC check ran on it. I still have that son f sam model 44, the fond memory and would have posted the video but, this happened around 2014/15 and the phone got toasted when it took a in in paint.
View attachment 2779954
That's a pretty wild trade story. Was the other guy from ODT?

I already got a name for you

I don't care what you call me, just don't call me late for supper.

I come by it honestly though. My grandpa and his buddies were out fooling around many, many years ago. Grandpa saw a rabbit running, picked up a stick and said "I'll get him with my new breach-loader." He was gonna fart as the gunshot. But didn't, and it became a "britches loader".

Back
Top Bottom