• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Craziest things happen during transaction meet?

Guy asked me about my stag AR-15. What is the Finish he asked. I said I'll take better pictures but I don't know exactly what the Finish is it looks just like an AR. Does it have Chrome. I don't know I'll look yes it has Chrome. Now this is over about a four week. On the sides are they adjustable 4 windage yes they're adjustable for windage. OK would you take $500 for it. Yes I'll take 500 for it. So it'll take me about two weeks to get the money. Okay. It shows up at the meeting place where I'm meeting another guy at a meet and greet but he says I can't make it because I have an emergency and I said that's fine I have to be here anyway no big deal. So I'm meeting the next day. He gets there and inspects the gun and says well it's a stag but it wasn't exactly what I wanted would you take 450 and I said no I'll take 475 normally I don't like to negotiate after someone is already said that take it. But he's already asked for months about this gun and I have 475 in the gun. A week later he sends me an email hey this is exact Stag Arms that I wanted. It has a different upper or different lower. I said it's Instagram on the side I didn't represent it for anything else I told you all that you asked me about it and I said I don't know what the upper is it's all in the comments. Plus when you were there you looked at it and said that's not what you were looking for but I take 450 and I said I take 475 and the original price was 600 and I told you I would take 500. I said I'm not going to give you money back and I'm not going to trade you anything for. You know it was not a stag upper because I told you it was a stag lower and I didn't know what the top was but you asked me a lot of questions. And then when you got there you said it wasn't the one you wanted so you could have left but you offer me last money and I took less money. If it was a stag upper and a lower it would have been a $800 gun and you know that. You got a damn good deal for 475. And this was before guns went up in price. Stag's we're still going for around 700 to 800.
He examined and made a lower offer and I took it. Couple weeks later there was another stag and it was like 6:50 and I guess he was wanting to buy that. Hope with all the roundabout thousand questions calling me at least seven times and getting there and seeing him again was not staying at the top proper which I told him it wasn't he just bought himself I Frankenstein for 475 I told him not to call me again

Like everyone else, I've met a few times at the McDonald's on Windy Hill Rd. While waiting once, I watched saw two vans pull in and park, both from different dog rescue organizations. It appeared to be some sort of dog trade/transfer, and a four way dog fight ensued. It lasted at least ten minutes with three incompetent people trying to stop the madness. It was comical until it became apparent that one dog was seriously injured.

Amen...and have the cash before you leave the house. Don’t like those, “I’ll be right back. I need to find an ATM” idiots.

I have to admit I flew in from São Paulo or somewhere a few years ago. Met off Camp Creek early AM and had to scramble for ATM. Made the deal while traveling expected to arrive earlier , yada yada. Luckily a good ODT er who didn't bust my balls.

A few years ago, I was buying a 1911 from a member. Jumped in his truck and he handed me 3 pistols, said he had no ammo in the car or the guns. I drop the mag and its empty, rack the slide and a round ejects, repeat process with all three and same thing, empty mags with one hot in the tube. Moral is always clear your weapons, he almost had hole floorboard

Traded a Uberti SAA for CZ-75 from a guy - thought something looked funny about it when I was looking at it, but could not place it... plus it was kind of dark at the home depot we were at... gun looked fine, mechanically sound, and good finish - so I did the trade and went home. He was a nice dude, so I go to leave a decent review - and then realize that the CZ I bought had different grips (and was an earlier model) than the one in his picture. Called him up pretty pissed - and he offered to un-do the thing. (Thought hard about it, and kept the CZ because even the wrong CZ was easier to sell than the Uberti - did so and came out okay).

Also traded a guy for an AR that he built (I was new guys - dont judge (it was also a terrible trade *much regret*)) said he ran a few mags through for function check - other than that was new. I excitedly take it to the range - and it is a "bolt action" - jerkoff put the gas tube in incorrectly - so precisely zero gas was getting into the system.

Traded a Uberti SAA for CZ-75 from a guy - thought something looked funny about it when I was looking at it, but could not place it... plus it was kind of dark at the home depot we were at... gun looked fine, mechanically sound, and good finish - so I did the trade and went home. He was a nice dude, so I go to leave a decent review - and then realize that the CZ I bought had different grips (and was an earlier model) than the one in his picture. Called him up pretty pissed - and he offered to un-do the thing. (Thought hard about it, and kept the CZ because even the wrong CZ was easier to sell than the Uberti - did so and came out okay).

Also traded a guy for an AR that he built (I was new guys - dont judge (it was also a terrible trade *much regret*)) said he ran a few mags through for function check - other than that was new. I excitedly take it to the range - and it is a "bolt action" - jerkoff put the gas tube in incorrectly - so precisely zero gas was getting into the system.

I think you posted that about the AR when it happened? I was able to figure out who sold it to you and immediately put him on ignore.

Back
Top Bottom