Crap! Damn! &$@$!!!

Well, so much for that. I'd probably pull the head (or heads) before I completely removed the engine just to see what the cylinder walls look like. Or if possible remove the oil pan and have a look at the lower end.

Don't know really- Never worked on a tractor, but I've rebuilt several V6s and V8s over the years.

The motor is good. I bushhog'd 3 acres with it Tuesday

Sounds like you've got a problem with something in the bell housing binding up against the flywheel of the good engine. Any chance that you've mixed up the bolts so that a longer bolt in a wrong hole is locking the flywheel?

Well, crap. That really throws a wrench into it- which I'm sure you've been wrestling with the same thing for awhile now. I'd say I would think about it, but I'm sure I wouldn't come up with anything that you haven't already.

Only thing I can think of is there's something wrong with the alignment of the motor/tranny that keeps the crankshaft from turning. Don't know what might lock the motor up otherwise.

Sounds like you've got a problem with something in the bell housing binding up against the flywheel of the good engine. Any chance that you've mixed up the bolts so that a longer bolt in a wrong hole is locking the flywheel?
This sounds closer to the right track than anything else.

The bolts all run on the flange. I can see the head and tail of each. This is a shot of the shaft
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_09_19_ubuhy6e6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom