Crap! Damn! &$@$!!!

Hasselhoss

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
168   0
Reaction score
Ugh.... I spent the last 5 hours removing the engines from my tractors and mounting the good engine on the better transmission. Just got it all buttoned up and..... The engine won't turn. It's locked solid. I pulled the starter and can't turn the flywheel with a pry bar.

Damn

Damn

Damn

Gotta crack the tractor in half again tomorrow and see what's up.....

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_09_19_urahega6.jpg

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_09_19_abure4aj.jpg

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_09_19_ygeqa4yn.jpg

Wow! Ive got a 2210b I love. Its a good little tractor but the most ive had to do with it is change the water pump. Nothing like that though. Tractorbynet is a good forum too. Do you have a manual for your tractor?

Last edited:
Last yanmar I did a head job on the last stud snapped when I was torquing them. Back apart to remove the stud and throw the brand new head gasket in the trash. Hate when you think you are done and it's something like this.

You sure the 'good' engine wasn't mounted to a transmission that's in gear? (Sorry- hoping for a simple fix)

I wish. I tried everything. It's locked down hard. Transmission is in neutral. I put it in gear and it won't roll. Take it out and it rolls freely. Clutch has good pressure. S&W symptoms with clutch in or out.

Do you have the concrete weights for the back wheels? Lord have mercy once you fill those tires and add the concrete it's miserable to even roll them.

Well, so much for that. I'd probably pull the head (or heads) before I completely removed the engine just to see what the cylinder walls look like. Or if possible remove the oil pan and have a look at the lower end.

Don't know really- Never worked on a tractor, but I've rebuilt several V6s and V8s over the years.

Would be a simple answer if the motor was running before swap.

I traded an AR I built ($450) for a 2210 with a bad engine. The 2210 has the power shift transmission that allows you to shift on the fly. The unit was in perfect condition but the guy ran it without oil on accident.

I found a 2000 for a good deal. It ran great but was a straight shift. I had to let the pto spin down before I could change speeds or direction.

I decided to put the good motor on the better transmission. I'm going to rebuild the other motor and have 2 tractors.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom