• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Covid After Affects

Remmy

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
20   0
Reaction score
Had Covid about 4 weeks ago and it wasn’t too bad,fever and flu like symptoms for 4 days and loss of energy and just run down for a week or so after that.
Ever since I got over it I have been swimmy headed.
Went to a ENT Dr and no fluids on ears and he put me on a steroid pack that I’m taking now.
Was just wondering if anybody else has experienced this after Covid.

I had the delta variant over two years ago and was down for almost 3 weeks. Had a fever over 100° for 21 days straight. No sense of smell, no sense of taste and a nonstop headache. The only lasting effect I’ve noticed is my sense of smell. It has never been the same and I often smell odd, chemical or burnt smells for a split second several times a week.

As a side note to your comment, please do some research on oral steroids such as prednisone. It’s an awful, harmful drug and should only be taken in extreme cases. I’m not a doctor but I am very particular about what medications I take. Western medicine in my opinion almost as a whole just throws out medications to the masses. Not to rant but that just the way I see it.

I had it around the 2020 election. All the usual symptoms ,then was done. Then a few months later I started having vertigo ,bad headaches and nausea. It went on for months off and on and finally went away in Nov. 2021.

I've had it 3 times. Fever etc lasted a few days except for third case last May which took a bit longer to recover. Some other symptoms haven't subsided yet (lost the sense of smell and taste for a while). The doctors still don't know with absolute confidence what the whole raft of symptoms of 'long covid' are.

I never had any issues with balance, but I know of some other people who did, who are reasonably confident that it was a post-covid issue. In all cases, the problem faded away with time.

Had it back in September after a national sales meeting. Had dodged it for 2-1/2 years. Daily doses of D3, C, Zinc, E, K2 (that's a new one), and Quercitin. I thought I was bulletproof. I finally got caught. When I got home I gave it to my wife. Both boys had recently got it. They shook it off like a cold.

I used to make fun of the folks who swore by vitamins. Now I are one.

I digress.

Fatigue and brain fog was real but cleared up after a couple of weeks. I took daily naps for at least two weeks afterwards. Luckily I work from home and could get away with that. I would classify what I had as a bad cold or mild flu. Previously I hadn't been sick in at least 5 years.

Hope you get back to normal soon!

Back
Top Bottom