• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Couples and Families to Plan and Prep together

I think we all need to understand the state of the world and what a realistic "shtf" scenario would be. I think regardless of the situation whether it be a national anarchy, natural disaster, or foreign threats the first 24 hrs of life without law will be FLOODED with people who are armed and unaware, uninformed, and most likely by themselves or in small groups. These types PROBABLY will take to the streets and kill/be killed off. I think the first defense in a lawless nation is finding SECLUDED safety, seeking info on the situation, arming yourself, forming a team, THEN forming a plan.

I think that telling yourself and others what "will be" and "probably be" is a horrible mistake.
I think that preparing yourself with training, skills, gear, and equipment- knowing how to identify threats, react to them quickly, maintain flexibility- and communicating with your group while keeping everyone safe, would be so much better.

We have been "prepping" for MANY years - but only seriously recently. We have noticed that there is a big difference in groups of "preppers".

Group 1: GO KILL - HURAH... these are the folks that think that all they need is guns and ammo - maybe a few rice and beans... WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN THIS GROUP.

Group 2: Kum-ba-ya... these folks think that the goodness of others (and the government in some cases) will be there when trouble approaches... WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN THIS GROUP.

Group 3: Normal couples and familes. These folks hope nothing will ever happen that is going to be catastrophic - but - think it is a good idea to be safe rather than sorry. This group has interest from all adult parties - and has started taking concrete steps to store items such as food; medical supplies and other survival equipment - just in case. These folks also would like to be able to use at least some of their items for the good times (i.e. camping; family fun; etc...). These folks are in generally good health; do not smoke; do not use drugs; do not drink to excess (but we definately enjoy a nice glass of wine or a Margarita!!!). These folks are intelligent; caring; honest and hard working. WE ARE INTERESTED IN THIS GROUP.

Any other Group 3 people out there that would like to chat? I know I cannot stay awake 24/7/365!!!

I have friends that fall into 2 of these groups. I have about 13 people in my group. You, must have the MIND SET, that we will protect our families and friends at all coat!! NO LIBERALS can ever be with us those BASTARDS are the KISS of DEATH for any GROUP. 5 of people in this group are Retired MILITARY, 2 are certified EMT's and can drive any fork_lift or 18 wheelers. I, believe that if the SHTF like minded people will join forces. Look, at ODT some of these guys are Cops, ex-military, survivalist, good enough for ANY GROUP. When, you are choosing your people think long term, and who brings what to the group. He'll, I have a certified electrician in my group, who can hunt and is OUR designated cook. We, are a really loose group who have many if the same worries, we all hit the shooting range, buy Guns and AMMO, and, practice plans, with A and B scenarios, like how will we deal with looters, what where will we put our dogs and other animals for protection. Believe it or not I have spoken with 2 businessman who have said that we can keep our animals in there big open bays of there business. If, I were to recommend one thing to you is DON'T EVER LET someone in your GROUP who is NOT WILLING to FIGHT!!! It, will kill the integrity of your group. Good, Luck.

group 4 we need to make out first group purchase.
send me the money, I will make the purchase and store the goods in case SHTF
http://sustainableseedco.com/tobacco-seeds/

haha who am I kidding. Group 4 survivalists already have these seeds and are growing them.

edit: talk about barter item if SHTF and its TEOTWAWKI, a mason jar full of dried tobacco leaves could probably get you anything you wanted. Hell most of you would trade your wives away at that point, haha.

I think that telling yourself and others what "will be" and "probably be" is a horrible mistake.
I think that preparing yourself with training, skills, gear, and equipment- knowing how to identify threats, react to them quickly, maintain flexibility- and communicating with your group while keeping everyone safe, would be so much better.
I like this!!

group 4 we need to make out first group purchase.
send me the money, I will make the purchase and store the goods in case SHTF
http://sustainableseedco.com/tobacco-seeds/

haha who am I kidding. Group 4 survivalists already have these seeds and are growing them.

edit: talk about barter item if SHTF and its TEOTWAWKI, a mason jar full of dried tobacco leaves could probably get you anything you wanted. Hell most of you would trade your wives away at that point, haha.

You can buy tobacco in sealed bags

Back
Top Bottom