• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Colt Petition

So do you think Colt would listen to a petition to bring the snakes back into production?

Doubtful. The cost/demand ratio isn't there. At their peak, Colt's were used for many tasks to include LEO/Govt. Not such the case anymore. They're too expensive to build for a private sector.

Probably about the same chance that they'd have moving out of the anti-gun north east and relocating to a state like GA, AL or TX.

I was thinking the name "Colt" would sell enough revolvers to put a nice dent in any cost they would need to get rolling. The famous finish wouldn't be on every revolver just like every S+W coming off the line isn't and engraved masterpiece. If Colt were to put out a SS 357 or 44 for $1000 I'd pick it up. If they were to add $500 for a quality finish then I'd have to save up even more pennies. I'd milk the Brand Name for everything it's worth.

I don't know about the high end stuff. Korth sells a few here so maybe they could, but not in volume. They'd sell the snot out of Agents, though. I mean, if the man at the sales counter shows a someone looking for a .38 one with five holes and ones with six I think most would go for six. Used ones are going for $500 while S&W 642s are selling for $350. Clearly $350 Agents would sell in volume.

I don't think Colt wants to be in the gun business, though. They just want to be in profit.

If colt didn't source out all there guns they would sell but colt hasn't built a gun in 3 years . almost everything is contract now

With the exception of the Walther line of .22s that have a licensing agreement to put the Colt name on them, Ive never heard of Colt outsourcing any of the pistol line. Where did you read or hear this? I know they spent a ton of money a few years ago on new CNC equipment for the 1911 line, and it shows, but never heard this claim. I don't follow ARs much, maybe that's what you are talking about.
If true, Id like to learn more...........

Back
Top Bottom