Colt 6940 Monolithic Carbine

Status
Not open for further replies.

thevalueman

Space Force Icon Lifetime Supporter
Algonquin J. Calhoun
145   1
Reaction score
My cousin called me...he was thinking about buying one, asked for my valued opinion...I told him I had none, hadn't ever come across one....I may be behind the curve, which is quite typical....anybody have knowledge....worth it?? not...what ever
Thanks

o.k....more????
I'd like to provide sound advise
Thanks
BTW...he has more money than anybody....
Well what’s he gonna use it for?

Is it gonna sit in a safe and only come out to show off to friends? There are more Gucci options that will impress them more.

Is he gonna be a one rifle man that trains and works it hard regularly? It’s good for that but there are better ones for the money.

Is he just a collector looking at yet another AR to leave in the box? A Colt is always good for that as the name holds value typically.

They’re good rifles. They’re pretty few and far between and they’re priced accordingly.

I think what everyone is trying to tell you is, it’s fine if that’s what he wants. It doesn’t have a “that’s a pos” reputation. What they’re also telling you is that he can get a “better” rifle for the same price.

They’re good rifles. They’re pretty few and far between and they’re priced accordingly.

I think what everyone is trying to tell you is, it’s fine if that’s what he wants. It doesn’t have a “that’s a pos” reputation. What they’re also telling you is that he can get a “better” rifle for the same price.
Thanks....while I'm "generally" up on this stuff...I hate to influence, when I'm not really up on this...I know what I like, however it doesn't always transfer....anyway...it's not a POS, and maybe he can "buy better" we'll see...I did get him talked into a SCAR 16, which he is picking up tomorrow(at his local gun dealer)....the rest will follow...he's is kinda sold on the Colt name....

Thanks....while I'm "generally" up on this stuff...I hate to influence, when I'm not really up on this...I know what I like, however it doesn't always transfer....anyway...it's not a POS, and maybe he can "buy better" we'll see...I did get him talked into a SCAR 16, which he is picking up tomorrow(at his local gun dealer)....the rest will follow...he's is kinda sold on the Colt name....
I get it. I own some pretty nice ARs but there’s something about an A2 that I love. Probably the iconic shape… but it is what it is. I’ve messed with putting one together for years here and there. I’m not going for period correct, clone correct or matching anything. It’s got an lmt lower on it now and for some stupid reason, when the right colt lower comes around, I’ll spend way to much to buy it. People just like what they like.
IMG_5234.jpeg

Nothing wrong with Colt. They are what all other AR are compared too. They are true Mid tier rifles.

With that said, there are better options out there for the money so if he plans to run it, maybe a Colt isn't his best option.

With that said, most of my AR's are Colt's but 2 out of 3 "hard use" AR are Daniel Defense, the other is a Colt.

20240225_180745.jpg

My 6940 is second from the bottom, on the right. I do shoot it but almost never pushed hard like my DD's or 6946.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom