• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Colonoscopy Prep

Everything was fine and dandy. I can post pics if requested. Doc said I was good for 10 years. It pays to be regular.
Good news and no photos please!

i had my first at 52 was told ten years but because of other gastro issues , my GI doctor suggested one last year. Found pre cancerous polyps now it’s every two years,

small price to pay

Last one I had was a couple of years ago.
Completed the joyous clean out ritual the night before, waiting in the office for a 10:00 am start.
Uh.. Oh.. Bladder full, can’t pee. Intense pain. Prostate has swollen and squeezed urethra shut. Ask butt doc’s nurse to hold my spot. She kinda agrees that IF they can squeeze me in when I return, we’ll be a go.
Race to urologists office, nurse gives me a crash course in self-catheterization, hands me a bag of catheters and wishes me luck.
Back to butt doc, they squeeze me in, all goes well. Except…
Wife goes into recovery with me, hears all the blasting farts of several patients, plus the laughing shouts of encouragement from the nurses.
She, previously being unaware of this part of the process (the twilight puts her out for most of a day) and her part in recovery, is mortified and swears she will never have another colonoscopy. ’Cause Southern girls just don’t do that in front of folks.
She’s due up again and I’m gonna have a helluva sales job to get her back in there.

Last one I had was a couple of years ago.
Completed the joyous clean out ritual the night before, waiting in the office for a 10:00 am start.
Uh.. Oh.. Bladder full, can’t pee. Intense pain. Prostate has swollen and squeezed urethra shut. Ask butt doc’s nurse to hold my spot. She kinda agrees that IF they can squeeze me in when I return, we’ll be a go.
Race to urologists office, nurse gives me a crash course in self-catheterization, hands me a bag of catheters and wishes me luck.
Back to butt doc, they squeeze me in, all goes well. Except…
Wife goes into recovery with me, hears all the blasting farts of several patients, plus the laughing shouts of encouragement from the nurses.
She, previously being unaware of this part of the process (the twilight puts her out for most of a day) and her part in recovery, is mortified and swears she will never have another colonoscopy. ’Cause Southern girls just don’t do that in front of folks.
She’s due up again and I’m gonna have a helluva sales job to get her back in there.
dang man…I retract my previous whining session as you had a much worse experience.

You would think with all of today's technology they could come up with a pill instead of having to drink that gag-a-lot stuff. I literally almost throw up after drinking every swallow. It is terrible. Did not sleep at all that night.

Had both colonoscopy and endoscopy done last Monday to try to find any internal bleeding since I have become severely anemic. Had an iron infusion IV two weeks ago.

Found blood but no active source. Admitted me to hospital overnight because of that and did CT scan. CT scan did not find any active bleeding. Did another endoscopy the next day. I did not have anything to eat for two days. Kept me on IV fluids. Did find ulcer in stomach that could have been the source.

Will go back and swallow the pill with the camera soon.

Back
Top Bottom