• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Colonoscopy Prep

What’s the product called where you crap in a box and mail it off? Is that to check the colon?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
the error rate for those is not really good. They give false positives, and even worse, false negatives. I guess they are better than doing nothing, but not the best tool in the box

What’s the product called where you crap in a box and mail it off? Is that to check the colon?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cologuard. Not recommended if you have any family history, at all. Just not reliable enough. Plus, the whole point of a colonoscopy is to PREVENT colon cancer by removing the polyps. Not just detect it. Probably the only cancer that is actually preventable. I have it twice. Each time one polyp.
Just get the scope. All joking aside, it's not a big deal at all.

UPDATE:
Had a followup appointment with my gastro doc yesterday. Since they did not find a source for bleeding he wants to give the ulcer time to heal, taking Prilosec for that now, and then go another round in three months.
The big news is now they have pills available for the big clean out prep. No more drinking that nasty stuff.
Pills are called SUTAB.
Think that will go much easier, but will still be on the throne all night.

UPDATE:
Had a followup appointment with my gastro doc yesterday. Since they did not find a source for bleeding he wants to give the ulcer time to heal, taking Prilosec for that now, and then go another round in three months.
The big news is now they have pills available for the big clean out prep. No more drinking that nasty stuff.
Pills are called SUTAB.
Think that will go much easier, but will still be on the throne all night.
Being on the throne all night is not that big a deal. It’s that %ing nasty liquid prep sheet you have to drink !!!

Back
Top Bottom