• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Coin collecting

I have a pretty large coin collection that I am liquidating. My mother took them after my father passed in 1991. She tried to add to it for a few years, but lost interest and handed them off to me. I simply don't have much interest, so I'm liquidating them. I've got all kinds of stuff. Pricing some of them has been difficult. Book values, eBay sales, coins shows, etc. have some of them all over the place, especially various types of United States Mint proof sets. I haven't gotten to the more noteworthy coins yet... those that require quite a bit of research. I have lots of individual dollars, quarters, dimes, nickels, pennies, etc. and I have to look at each one and see what's going on with them. There's got to be something to them because my father wouldn't have kept them in the collection if there wasn't. I'm getting one heck of an education as I'm going through them. As I liquidate them, I hope that they will make someone happy.

Loadnplenty, if your wife is still collecting, or wanting to get some more commemorative coins, now is a great time to buy. I have collected the old and modern comem's, and the prices have come down on a lot of these coins, especially the modern coins. I have collected a lot of different coins over the years, but I like the Morgan's best. Ray

Funny you should mention errors. I was looking through mine today and came across a 1972 with what looks like a "1" over the "2". Weird. I have a couple of commemoratives for sale if you'd like to PM me.

Back
Top Bottom