• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone collecting old bottles??

My Dad was a huge bottle collector...liked to dig around old trash dumps.
Had quite a collection of medicine and dairy bottles.
Speaking of digging around in old dumps. When I was 10 or so I found a Texaco Home Lubricating oil can in our old family dump. That would have been 1982ish. In 1999 I was trying to raise money for a trip to Texas and put that can, along w/ other items I wished I had back, on Ebay. That can sold for $105.50. I was shocked.

I found a very old Coke bottle under an old house in Hogansville. It was one that was bottled in Chipley Ga. (now Pine Mountain). Figured it might be worth something, but just kept it tucked away for many years. Once I got interested in it's value, I located a serious collector in Athens who purchased it from me for $450! He had been looking for a Chipley bottle and mine was the first he'd actually seen. It's even shown on his website as one from his " extremely rare" collection.

I found a very old Coke bottle under an old house in Hogansville. It was one that was bottled in Chipley Ga. (now Pine Mountain). Figured it might be worth something, but just kept it tucked away for many years. Once I got interested in it's value, I located a serious collector in Athens who purchased it from me for $450! He had been looking for a Chipley bottle and mine was the first he'd actually seen. It's even shown on his website as one from his " extremely rare" collection.
While digging the site for his new house, directly across the road from me, my cousin found a flat side Coke bottle valued in the $1000s. Don't know what he ever did w/ it?

How of stuff are we talking about?
IMG_1877.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1876.jpg
    IMG_1876.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom