• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Class III Trust...

I wasn't asking about paying a lawyer. I was talking about fees everytime you seek to add an NFA item to the trust.

Like I said I'm new to this, try decaf! :p

I'm not familiar with quicken, but I'm sure it's a flat fee to own the program, I don't know if they require a yearly subscription but with the trust laxguy posts up, you can just print a new schedule A with the new items added. That's it for free.

Once you have a Trust, you just add items to it. Then $200 tax stamp for each NFA weapon.

OK, wait. So the benefit of the trust is you do not have to have the wait time, you just pay the $200 after you add each
NFA item to the Trust?

Last edited:
OK, wait. So the benefit of the trust is you do not have to have the wait time, you just pay the $200 after you add each item to the Trust?

No, wait time is the same.

The benefit of the trust is 1st, the gun belongs to the trust, not an individual. So if you die, you don't leave your loved ones with a headache. The weapon can stay in the possession of the family. My wife is a trustee on the my trust. If I died, she wouldn't have the headache of being in possession of an illegal NFA firearm.2nd, no signature from a law enforcement needed with a trust,no fingerprints, no picture. 3rd, items in the trust are protected from certain litigation if you were to get sued. The items in the trust are somewhat protected.

Last edited:
No, wait time is the same.

The benefit of the trust is 1st, the gun belongs to the trust, not an individual. So if you die, you don't leave your loved ones with a headache. The weapon can stay in the possession of the family. My wife is a trustee on the my trust. If I died, she wouldn't have the headache of being in possession of an illegal NFA firearm.2nd, no signature from a law enforcement needed with a trust,no fingerprints, no picture. 3rd, items in the trust are protected from certain litigation if you were to get sued. The items in the trust are somewhat protected.

Thanks, that is very helpful.

The world suppose to end in December 2012. You won't get your stamp in time!

OK, wait. So the benefit of the trust is you do not have to have the wait time, you just pay the $200 after you add each
NFA item to the Trust?

Every time you acquire another NFA item you have to file the necessary form with BATF and pay the $200 tax stamp.

What they are stating is that the item has to be added to the Schedule A of your trust once it is approved and you reeive your atamp back. It should be reflected by you on the Schedule A in any future filings after approval.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom