• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Class III Trust...

One bit of advice. If a lawyer does your trust you are covered by his malpractice insurance if something goes wrong. Form programs, fill in the blank forms, and posted forms done for others will not help you if your trust is found to be invalid and you now illegally own a class 3 item.
With that said, most mistakes are never found, but you don't want to be the one they do find.
FYI. Georgia Trust laws have changed, and since NFA Trusts are constructed state by state because the trust itself is based on state law, and everyone's situation or trust structure and needs are different, I do caution against carelessly making a trust.

My $.02.

Exactly. If NFA ever comes knocking or if a legal problem arises, that lawyer has to back you up. For Quicken, I guess you got Customer Support....

One bit of advice. If a lawyer does your trust you are covered by his malpractice insurance if something goes wrong. Form programs, fill in the blank forms, and posted forms done for others will not help you if your trust is found to be invalid and you now illegally own a class 3 item.
With that said, most mistakes are never found, but you don't want to be the one they do find.
FYI. Georgia Trust laws have changed, and since NFA Trusts are constructed state by state because the trust itself is based on state law, and everyone's situation or trust structure and needs are different, I do caution against carelessly making a trust.

My $.02.

Can you recommend someone around my area?

Can you recommend someone around my area?

He is it.

I would recommend Cochran, I never had him do my trust, but he did a friends of mine. John Monroe does it too, but he charges about $200 for the "basic" one. King does it for $100 but thats if you can get intouch with him. He is very busy person, he also moved so Frankie took over and when king worked, he told me to put the SUBJECT as "TRUST" or he would never read it.

Last edited:

My $.02.

Well I'm sure you'll get a lot of buisiness with that post sir.

They will reject the form 1 if the Trust isn't done correctly. And they're still coming back approved right now with the Quicken Willmaker program. That's why a bunch of the gun stores use that exact program for you when you walk in and purchase a can or sbr from them.

It's just as easy as going to a dealer and buying a gun /filling out a 4473. All it takes is a $10 software program, 10 minutes of your time to fill out the fields it asks you to fill out, a printer, a notary to sign the trust (your bank has one) an envelope, and a check for $200. Pretty much all Class III dealers will fill out the Form 4 for you, stick both copies, a copy of your trust, and a check for $200 in an envelope and wait 6 months. In fact I just filled sent out a Form 4 today for another SBR AR lower.QUOTE]

Shouldn't this be on a Form 1?

Not when buying an SBR lower from a Class III dealer who also has their manufacturer FFL. I don't have to get it engraved
either

Not when buying an SBR lower from a Class III dealer who also has their manufacturer FFL. I don't have to get it engraved
either

What makes it an SBR lower? They are all the same, except for the engraving. Aren't they?

Where can you purchase these around Metro Atlanta? I want to put together a SBR in 9 MM next.

Back
Top Bottom